Undelivered Mail

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Scoffer, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I found a corpse along the road in South Longfall Road and it had an Undelivered Package on it. I went to claim my reward in Aerie and only got minimal gold and experience.

Anyone know if this is location specific? ...or is the reward random?

North Midmaer Way had a corpse along roadway but was empty. I will try again later.

Ran into a random Skeleton encounter on the way to South Midmaer Way. Corpse had gold only.

No corpse observed along roadway of South Midmaer Way.

No luck at North Quel Way. The main road easy enough to check, but the trails zig-zag all over. Covered most of it, but takes too much time.

West Perennial Trail I found a corpse with a Undelivered Letter. Once again, minimal amount of gold and experience awarded. No wall art!

East Perennial Trail I found a corpse with a Undelivered Letter. Received "Fire Magic Print" from Soltown Town Crier.

I have hit North Midmaer Way again...nothing. I hit the two spots in High Vale, but no corpse found on the roadways. I hit both Perennial Trails and they each spawn the most mail, but when I turn them in at Soltown, no further print drops. I'd say about a 25% drop rate of mail at Perennial, but much lower chance of a print drop from town crier.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  2. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

The reward seems random - sometimes I just get the small gold and xp bonus, sometimes a print - though the RNG is being as awkward as ever, I assembled one full set of all four, and also have 4 air magic, 7 earth and 8 water - but no fire...

Also, there are a few different spots in any scene where the corpse can spawn, and I am pretty sure there is not always a corpse - although it's possible it's just me failing to notice one that's well covered by the undergrowth, but I suspect it's just not a 'guaranteed' spawn.

I also noticed if you have either a package or mail, you cannot find a second of the same item, though one of each is possible. I have a vague feeling there is some sort of timer involved too, since if I find one, deliver it and return to the scene there's often either no corpse, or occasionally an 'empty' corpse.

And if you are a less virtuous character, from the few of times I have run this on my 'thief' type person, you seem to never get anything other than the basic gold and xp from town criers, but have a chance of a print on the Jack of Diamonds.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Elnoth and Rentier like this.
  3. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I had my best luck getting a print from the Town Crier in Brittany Wharfs. I never did get one from the Town Crier in Ardoris.

NOTE: I got lucky and reached a full set without any duplicates. I had assumed you couldn't get extras.

4. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I've only turned one in and I got only gold and experience so I wrote 'reward' to the crier and got a sort of, tsk tsk lecture about asking for rewards but he gave me the print anyway. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe it'll work each time, I don't know. It's also possible that it dinged my virtue a bit but the crier should also get his virtue dinged for withholding it from you in the first place. I still got a good night sleep that night.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It's correct that the corpse has only a chance to spawn but all those gold only rewards and duplicate prints make me think something has broken. When I did it it was four turn-ins for four prints, no dupes. I think you should report it.

Coffee Pirate likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Three times I got an undelivered letter from a corpse in East Perennial trail, and
    three times I got a water magic print.

7. Bink

Bink Avatar

When I bring a undelivered mail/package to the town crier i get some gold and xp
    ... and sometimes a magic print.
    But if I bring the mail to the fence on the Jack of Diamonds ( Release 50: High above Novia flies the Jack of Diamonds, an airship shrouded in mystery) I only get the gold and xp. Is there no special reward? I have delivered tons of mail/package to the fence.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I have not seen a body in a good month now.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was having the same problem, but I was looking at all my quest items, and I had an Undelivered Package quest item in my inventory.... :oops:

Turned that in, and I still see them regularly.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think it's something you can run out and do just like that. Just get the quest and watch for the bodies occasionally. It adds a bit more to your things to watch out for. Otherwise it could be frustrating since the spawn rate of the bodies is a bit slow. Don't forget to check by a wagon in one location. ;)

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also don't forget to check hollowed out tree trunks ;)

12. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

My results so far:

East Perennial Trail - Undelivered Letter - turned in to Owl's Head and no print.
    North Valeway - Undelivered Package - turned in to Owl's Head and received an Air Print. (Note: I was able to pick up an Undelivered Package while having an Undelivered Letter in my inventory.)

Rentier and Forum Browser like this.
  13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Midmar way is difficult to see the corpse on the dark ground but most of the times near the blue flowers after the wagon.

East/West parenial Trail - are a little easier to see the corpse on the ground.

Coffee Pirate likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes it is difficult to see sometimes that's why sometimes I turned on night vision to cut out some of the colors to see the bodies better. It really helped me.

Sir Aular Glorthalion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.