Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Underground Dungeons Revamp!

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Lord Gandalf, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Avatar

The underground areas the Devs have provided including lighting & textures look pretty cool, its a good solution for storage basement/mining spots etc...

But when it comes to combat area this is a nightmare!

More Space is required for a fighting area:
    -Tight corridors and cells should be avoided
    -Low ceiling (users cant zoom out, so no vision on upcoming mobiles)

In my opinion the best solution will be by deleting the ceilings and provide an upper view just like ultima online where u can actually see a wider space of the dungeon while browsing the cells. Well... Imagine more players running in those small corridors, how would players pick there targets? how would u cast walls/fields etc...

i dont mind if people think of a better solution: like changing camera position of the avatar going full screen or making very high ceilings.

I still believe that removing the ceilings & creating wider corridors is the best way to go.

2. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I agree on the ceiling removal (or at least make them transparent when zooming out), but I like the tight corridors. They give a claustrophobic sense of oppression and discomfort which is exactly how you could feel in that situation.
    On the other hand, picking targets should not be an exercise in frustration...

3. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

There was a similar discussion before about this type of issue, in that thread it was suggested that an optional first person view be available so that you are not staring at the back of your own head while trying to navigate these narrow tunnels and fight. This option is a new approach and I'm interested to see what the feedback will be. Good job on bringing this up while suggesting a creative solution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.