Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unfortunate experiences with Release 7

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Lili, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lili

Lili Avatar

Logged in on 26th, problems have all been persistent up to and including attempts just a few minutes ago. :(

- Fps in Owl's Head is so low, I can't talk to NPCs or move very well. (reported as bug)
    - Never got outside Owl's Head
    - I really want a map instead of a compass bar. The compass would be great IF I knew where I was going to begin - which isn't a problem, I suppose, because I can't get out of Owl's Head due to lag issues. :confused: Maybe I'll get to see the overland map someday.
    - Transition from one music to another very abrupt and jarring. Unfortunate because the music is really pretty.

BUT
    - The game graphics (what I've seen) are great.
    - Other players have been as helpful as can be.

This is all in multi-player online mode. Does anyone have an idea if solo online might be less problematic?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

If you have trouble with the loading screens freezing after leaving Owl's Head, set the game to the fastest setting. (it makes barely any difference anyway) see if that helps your loading issues, because that's how i fixed it. It will still crash on loads from time to time.

Single player might be better. It usually is. It depends on your setup. You didn't provide platform or specs so it's hard to know.

You really need a graphics card with at least 1GB of memory. The alpha isn't optimized.

And remember - if you have fun please remember to report it as a bug :)

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I can say, that for me, single player is waaaay better than multi-player. I'd definitely give it a shot!

Alexander likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Also, we'll spend some time on performance before R8. I have it on my critical list to bump performance since bad frame == not fun combat. :(

For best performance, turn off shadows, turn off Ambient Occlusion. Those two changes alone generally get most people up to a playable rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.