Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unfriending people by accident

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by redfish, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I've done this more than once, it tends to happen when I'm experiencing a lot of game lag. I just did it now again at the FireLotus release party; after I added two people to my friends list, I accidentally unfriended a third. I don't even know who it was, so I can't re-friend them.

At least two things need to change IMO,

- The log needs to show it when you unfriend someone, just like it shows it when you friend someone. Currently, it doesn't. That would allow you to easily re-friend someone in case of a mistake.

- The "Unfriend" button should not exist in the exact same spot that the green checkmark to friend someone exists, or if it does, it should require confirmation to make sure the player wants to unfriend that person. The reason I've done this by accident is because after you click the green checkmark, it disappears and the "Unfriend" button appears in its place. If you click twice by accident, you're going to click "Unfriend" right after you click to friend.

~:| <--- "Frustrated" emoticon.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hmmm actually in this instance, I'm not sure if someone was unfriended, or I just saw the name of the person I friended disappear. All the list items are unselected once you friend someone, which is a type of safeguard. But I know I've unfriended people by accident before, just by fumbling around a bit.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, the thing that might or might not have had me confused this time is that the name of the player you're friending turns from green to white right before it its removed and is then inserted again somewhere down the list. That gives the appearance that a friend's name is being removed.

I don't know that this is really the best thing. It might lead to less confusion if it remained green until after it was removed.

I'm not sure at this point whether the unfriending shows in the log, because I don't know if it happened. I still do think more should be done to make accidental unfriending less easy.

4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

That's awful, a bit like being pk'd and having your only rune for that location looted.

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

It should be in your chat logs I think ... (though it would be real nice to have an "are you sure" when removing.

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

GUYZ HIS HEAD IS SMOKING

Olthadir and Ravalox like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I know, right?

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.