Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unimmersive conversation with Edwin in Soltown

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

When I spoke to Edwin (who gives you a crafting quest) certain keywords showed up in the chat window, including "red cloth" (because I am supposed to ask all Soltown villagers about that clue to the fire that occurred in the town)

Expected behavior: Edwin would give me an answer to, or comment on, this question.

Actual behavior: Edwin ignores my question and acts as if we were still talking about my apprenticeship to him, saying "Before we go on further, you'll need 12 pieces of raw cotton..."

In the main chat window (not the dialogue window that appears in the middle of my screen) the following text appears: "I should seek out a merchant named Martin and ask him if he has recently sold anyone any dark [red cloth]. And while I am there, I should see how he feels about the [refugees]".

Since I am talking to him, Edwin should be giving me this information and I shouldn't get it from some text that appears out of nowhere in the main chat window.

FrostII, Stahlknecht and Jens_T like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That's a bug because you're on the crafting quest and should not be getting the red cloth keyword because Edwin will talk about nothing else until you're done.

FrostII and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Shouldn't those quests be independent, I.e. Red cloth trigger the discussion about the pieces sold independently of your apprenticeship ? Or am I misunderstanding you?

4. Lum the Mad

The quest for crafting is set up so that he won't talk about anything but the step you're on because of the need to not skip ahead.

5. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

A little off-topic, but when Edwin starts you on the crafting quest, is it supposed to end up in the Journal? Because it never did for me. I stopped at some point because I only had 20-ish % success chance for the items required and kept failing. But nothing logged into journal showing my progress through the quest line.

6. Lum the Mad

It doesn't write journal entries because it's a 10 or so step quest and would thus make 10 journal entries.

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Thanks Lum, good to know!
    Wasn't sure if I should bug it or not
    I won't :p

Edit: I would be Serena Strangelove the Mad if I had your job :eek:

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.