1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Unity Constantly Crashes when I go into a scene with color cycling dye

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by addrox, May 18, 2022.

1. addrox

addrox Avatar

1. Title: Unity Constantly Crashes when I go into Maiden's Blush (town)
    2. Reproducible? 100% when I enter the town.
    3. Blocker? yes unable to access guild town 8(
    4. Details: anytime i recall in i get a unity crash
    5. Steps to Reproduce: go into the town/city
    6. User Specs: (RAM: 32GB 2400 MHz, CPU: AMD 2700, GPU: Vega56 and Operating System: Win11 only)

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@addrox, how/where are you entering? by what entrance?

3. addrox

addrox Avatar

I tried multiple. Town Crier, Dawn's never inn, market crafting, and maybe one more. It just hits crashes HARD. I use teleport scroll and a few times i just tried to "e" into town.

Just Tried Sky Farm. After teleporting in I moved and looked around and crashed.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm not getting any crashes on my computer entering here from the World Map. I am seeing 13 warnings upon entering the scene in the debug window. I am using an Nvidia card.
    05/19/2022 10:03
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1531.Date.05.02.22
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Maiden's Blush
    Area Display Name: Maiden's Blush
    Loc: (133.5, 36.2, -124.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfE1haWRlbidzIEJsdXNofCgxMzMuNTM4LCAzNi4yMSwgLTEyMy45NzUpfCgwLCAtMC4wNDEsIDAsIC0wLjk5OSl8NC42OTc1NDZ8MTB8MTg=

5. addrox

addrox Avatar

Yeah im one of those AMD fanboys rocking a Vega56 8GB software version: 22.5.1.

6. Alley Oop

please run the /bug command in game and post the output here.

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@addrox Have you tried a repair if using Steam or an uninstall/reinstall if using the non-steam client? Also - It seems you're running Win11; there could be some compatibility issue with the version of Unity the game is using. I haven't dabbled into Win11 yet myself, but in previous versions, you could right-click an executable and go to properties, and then set a compatibility level .. Perhaps you could try doing that on the main executable (not the launcher), "Shroud of the Avatar.exe"? Try setting it to Windows 10, if available?

[​IMG]

8. addrox

addrox Avatar

05/20/2022 23:37
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16288
    GPU: Radeon RX Vega GPU RAM: 8146
    SotA.Win.64.1531.Date.05.02.22
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (64.0, 17.9, 248.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg2My45NzUsIDE3LjkwNiwgMjQ3Ljk2OSl8KDAsIDAuOTk4LCAwLCAwLjA2OSl8LTgyLjY1Nzk0fC04Ljk1MDc4MnwyMA==

I dont think i can actually get "in" town and do this ill crash as i enter.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. addrox

addrox Avatar

Ok. Formatted drive went back to win 10. Reinstalled graphics driver.
    While off of windows for a second, I will say Ubuntu everything worked fine. Anyways reinstalled Windows.
    Tried both SOTA installer & Steam, no change.
    Applied the compatibility mode to run as win8, no change.

Dunno its prob my setup. Dunno. Ugh pain.

10. Alley Oop

if it worked fine on ubuntu with the same hardware, then it's not a hardware problem. at least that narrows it down.

11. addrox

addrox Avatar

Good to know. I think it might be some software vs some object or deco that kills me. I remember back in the day I was unable to access crafters town when it was so loaded up front. And I crashed in crafters town every time in and around the dock.

Way back in the day I used to crash at someones house. Inside. So I really think it's some deco item(s) that break something with my software driver etc. Dunno.

Crafters town is different now so I don't cash on the docks like I used to.

12. Alley Oop

do you know the governor there enough to ask them to experiment? there were two warnings when i loaded town with the gm client (though warnings are not usually a problem, it's errors you need to watch for). one was for the kobold midnight time machine and one was for steam pipe caps (that must have been lot deco somewhere near the entrance, because they did not show in the deco pallette for the town).

13. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

I'm the town governor for Maiden's Blush. It's an odd situation to debug. The town is active daily with a few guild members for years and this is the first time I have heard of a "new" guild member not being able to enter the town due to crash. I'm asking to see who owns said deco items. TBD.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  14. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

The "kobold midnight time machine" was removed and placed in a chest. We don't know what this is -> "steam pipe caps".

15. addrox

addrox Avatar

Any other thoughts?

Again no rush and thank you ALL in advance. Wondering if there is anything else I cant try, install, uninstall, pass arguments before loading in? Anything else that I can even google myself?

I dont think its the town, moreso my system and somehow how it interacts with windows and unity and some asset (which is working correctly ingame) that is kicking my butt.

From my other testing.

Under Ubuntu and a couple of other distros i tried with their open source drivers (performance sucked) but no crashes anywhere.
    Under Windows 10 or 11 i get crashes.

16. Alley Oop

hmmm, pass arguments.

https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.4/Documentation/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

specifically, the standalone player command line arguments section.
    (i have no specific reason to believe anything there will help, but if you want to experiment...)

addrox likes this.
  17. addrox

addrox Avatar

Would you mind giving me an example of how or where i can post an argument to launch the game/as the game is launching? And whats better for the SOTA client or SOTA Steam

18. Alley Oop

easiest is adding them in the launcher settings

[​IMG]

addrox likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

oh! AMD. it may be the color cycling dye. there's a balloon teleporter to crafter's town (which isn't gonna be useful anymore anyway) using that dye. @Akandriel, can you pick that up, and anything else in the area with color-cycling dye, and have @addrox try again?

20. addrox

addrox Avatar

Yup this worked ... THANK YOU @Alley Oop for a response and not forgetting. Much appreciated! and @Akandriel it worked!!!