Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unlocked glyphs discarded by mind wipe should not trigger cool down timers.

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mimner, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Mind wipe has taken a serious hit to its usability due to unlocked cool down timers. After a couple mind wipes its possible to have all your glyphs in limbo, waiting for their timers to refresh and add them back into your draw deck. This can result in significant time without any glyphs returning to one's hand. I understand the need for the unlocked cool down timers, but it seems to me that they serve the same purpose if they apply only to used glyphs and not to glyphs discarded from ones hand by mind wipe, decay timers, or even manually clicking them off.

2. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

Thank you for posting this. I was really frustrated last night with my card draw (i use mind wipe extensively), and now it makes sense.

Now that I know what the problem is, mind wipe feels worse than useless and i'm taking it out of all my decks.

3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe the issue is greater than this. I constantly stack to five and even on a fresh deck, I am getting stuck at 3-4 before a long pause with nothing coming up.

Either cards are hitting the cool down when you go into war mode. Or after casting my first mind lock the 1 minute cold down on that card is returned to my deck and is being drawn multiple times as a blank becaus it still needs to cool down

4. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

There seemed to be a bug that caused random glyphs to trigger their cool down timers upon entering combat. I've been testing it with build 561 and it seems much better now. When I first logged in there would be one or two random glyphs with their timers triggered, which is much less than the last patch. After a few cycles of entering and exiting combat it calmed down, and all glyphs could be stacked right after entering combat.

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I don't know id this the same or something different but since last release i have noticed it but occasionally a card in a dynamic slot gets 'stuck' and cant be used. It is quite obvious apart from not being able to be activated as if it a GM skill the little emblem signifying as such isn't even on the card. I have to wait a bit till it unlocks itself, it doesn't go a darker colour at all and looks like it can be activated but pressing the key doesn't work.

6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

another NERF-PROCEDURE... players are using too much MIND-WIPE? just make it unusable at ALL ..... a simply solution!.. great job!

7. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

This isn't a change directed at mind wipe. This was a change to prevent certain builds from being able to spam any glyph they desire regardless of cooldowns. Mind wipe happens to have been caught in the process of refining the system in response to those builds. Incidents like these happen and are an important part of feedback. It will be addressed, I'm sure.

Mimner and Fringe like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Mimner
    Like Rosemourne says it is most likely an unintended side effect of the change to glyph machine gunning.
    As such id recommend reporting as a bug instead of feedback.

9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Already reported it as a bug. Attenwood told me thanks so must be one ;)

Spoon likes this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

Ugh, I tested this for a while to see what is going on and I hope that discarding glyphs was not intended to trigger their cooldown. Still supper annoying to stack and use mind lock now because the glyphs with long cooldown timers take a long while to get back into your hand... I guess it is reason to level up mind lock so I can use it more than once..

Anyway there is very little reason not to lock glyphs that you have only once in your deck, the cooldown is the same and at least you know where to expect them:/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.