Unlocking SOTA's Potential with PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Maghetti, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Sorry. These conversations always dredge them up for me.

Time Lord, Acred and Baalice like this.
  2. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

I am a competitive person. But I also don't try to min/max everything either. I create a character and then build around that idea. I create playstyles more than anything. I have gained the mentality of not caring if I get killed, or lose, whatever the case may be. As for flanking, Dark Souls 1 meta was people locking onto you and circling you to insta backstab you, even had a fancy ring for bonus damage on crits. It was annoying, and I didn't play that way, and yes good backstabbers killed me most of the time. Still had fun trying to find ways to win my own way though.

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, Ravicus... I knew all of that prior to your pointing it out. That doesn't alter my feelings on the subject.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I understand, I just wanted people to know that this can be avoided in this game. Its not like the past.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Trust me, whether I choose to play or not, I've never consented to it. I've had no choice in the past. There's a difference.

Technically, if the devs made that change, I still wouldn't be consenting to it. They would be forcing it on me. Not to mention how pissed off I'd be that I pledged a few thousand dollars to them saying that would never happen to suddenly go back on it.

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  6. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I can curse like a sailor so the profanity doesn't bother me. If someone wants to be an a**hat, I'll just put them on ignore and move on.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm not.
    I haven't.

I've no objection to you having in this game those features which support your playstyle, all I ask is that I be allowed to have those features that support mine. The primary feature that ensures that is consent to participate in PvP. I've already ceded the Shardfalls and the other PvP+ areas to you and yours. They are things that are needed to support your playstyle.

8. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

I have a feeling this is the heart of the problem. People gave them a LOT of money. Just like politics it is hard to anger your donors. I wasn't there at the start. Either way I still want to see guards and more PVP exclusive content, like an actual city. I still want those options for player towns. And I still want to see incentives given to encourage PVP activity. And that is me being very diplomatic. If I set aside the interests of other people I would go much further than that. I spent 12 years playing a game called Neveron. MMO where you build empires and people formed factions and alliances. Politics and war and conflict was everywhere in that game. If it was entirely up to me this would be more like that game. With big guild wars and political disagreements.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Well, yeah, this is a crowd-funded game. If it was a publisher, you kind of just have to take what is put out there. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot taking all that money and not trying to stick to at least some core guidelines and promises. That would be the last they got from me is all I can say.

Apparently, I am ********. I like everything to be peaceful, just like real life. So it's really just differences of what we enjoy most. I mean no offense when I say I'm glad it's not up to you. :p

Edit: Peaceful between people, that is. You can have all the dragons, liches and whatever else threatening the world all you want. It's fantasy, I'll all over it.

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm one of those people. The only reason that I spent a dime, not to mention the insanely large sum of money I have, on this endeavor is because I was assured that PvP would alway be consensual.

PvP Guards are coming. An actual PvP NPC City modeled after Bucaneer's Den from UO is coming. Incentives to encourage PvP activity are coming including the aforementioned drastically increased spawn rate for certain rare resources in Shardfalls is either already in game or coming. Guild Wars and other Group PvP is coming.

Everything on your list is either realized or in the plan to be implemented or improved. This is why I suggested educating yourself earlier as you seem by your suggestions to not be aware of this.

What else are you asking for?

11. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

More then 8 people on the entire server being PVP enabled would be nice :(.

You wouldn't happen to know where to look for sort of an over all list of things to eventually expect would you? I read patch notes and the info on release 33 and a few other things but still so much misinformation or just an entire lack of information.

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  12. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

To kill you... maybe just a little bit? (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Womby

Womby Avatar

ROFL

They call that "bait and switch". It is generally frowned upon, and would destroy the company's credibility. That in turn would also prevent any possibility of a successful launch of Episode 2.

14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

On the other hand, it would make offline mode much more compelling!

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you would like to read the words of the developers and architects of Ultima Online rather that listening to the comments of a Twitch streamer to have some insight into how they felt about that game after it was launched, and therefore the thoughts that went into the design of this one, I have a couple of suggestions for you:

The Thief - Richard Garriott (a.k.a. Lord British)
    The Unbearable Darkness of Ultima Online - Scott Jennings (a.k.a Lum the Mad) (That title has always resonated with me)

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

I'm an assassin/thief. I'd probably just steal from you then run for my life if caught. Ultimately what I want for this character is to roleplay. I want to sneak around and be given targets to assassinate for political and RP reasons. The idea of a criminal underworld is fun and interesting to me. And having an actual reason to target someone.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Ain't gonna happen... too bad, so sad.

Time Lord and Baalice like this.
  18. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Time Lord, Acred and Maghetti like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No other that I know of, and it's unlikely that one's been updated. If I had to make a wager I'd bet against it. The video of the telethon should be available on the home page of the web site, along with a schedule of topics which would get him in the neighborhood so as not to need to watch all 12 hours of it. I believe most of the information that would interest him was presented in the 8 o'clock hour... but I was pretty drunk by then. Five shots in an hour will do that... and I wasn't throwing back light shots, either.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Time Lord, Acred and Baalice like this.
  20. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

100% Consensual PvP is one of the very big things I absolutely like in this game. Back in UO, where PvP was... well... lets call it messy and I left that game because of it. I hate games where you always have to watch your back for not so frendly players to stab you in the back and robs you out. For me that's a total fun-killer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.