Unlocking SOTA's Potential with PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Maghetti, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Our @Ravicus Domdred is who I will always follow into this endeavor!
    Well said Brother!

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

PVP will become a much larger part in this game... as all PVE goals one could have are bought with money... this game is now a PVP game ;P

Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*Quote Jim Channon...
    If there is one category of performance that has been given numerous definitions and flavors and the list keeps on coming ...that category…. is leadership. I stand by those who value “servant leadership” as the primary approach. Within that ethos I then chose to empower and provide for others. If required ...I do things first. My normal focus has been on the yet unpublished genius that was dormant in people and unsupported in teams. I claimed the phrase …”Staging the genius of others”.

Most often for me that meant eliciting the dreams and intentions of those I was to empower and then heralding those qualities in story and art. When larger teams or groups came into my view they got strategic visions broad minded options where the steps to victory were mapped out in illustrations … with the energy of nobility built into the imagery and then heralded with the voice of the champion. I never let them get away without answering the question: What is your Higher Purpose?

So this work only occasionally meant I needed to resource the clients with material things. Once I discovered I could use mythology and very large working memory to empower action in larger cultures I chose to create and illustrate and then story those more legendary groups ...until a point came where, for me, and the entire planet came into view. Slightly awed but in the presence of no other positive broad based thinking and story-telling, I went at it. I am in constant awe of the majesty of all creation. This earth and the ever challenging human journey bring me to me knees with gratitude. I now know more than ever ...The Best Story Wins!

Thanks to my glorious and willing friends during some uphill treks and also the very land ...a biosis… that surrounds me now.

...and this I know… I came here … this time… to do this.

You ready for the shift?
    Look for the green lightning sign.

~Click Him!~:cool:
    [​IMG]
    :cool:~And Learn!~
    Go Planet!
    Jim Channon
    April 2016 ...

Acred and Krohon like this.
  4. Ramrodicus

Ramrodicus Avatar

I still maintain that a synergistic system can develop and may actually be very highly popular in that you give certain areas/risk rewards to PvP'ers with trade-able, respectively acquired, resources. Likewise do the same for PvE'ers; such that a higher tier of crafting requires resources from BOTH. This combined with the current system of item decay may really bolster a strong, renewable economy with constant reward to do both or to at least acquire one, trade for the other, or respectively play markets to acquire both!

Armar, Acred, Krohon and 1 other person like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

One thing that bothers me about this is this question:

"How many large PvE hunting parities has anyone actually seen go by them?"

"And how many players was that?"

That's a question I think I need to come to grips with... what about you?

When we are talking about or saying things like "there's not enough PvPers", with what I've seen, "there's not allot of any bands of people I've yet seen, but I haven't been out that much recently o_O

I counted 5 once :p all in the same "group", which does not mean the same thing as "party", because party members can be dispersed, yet still within the party.... just hunting solo, with a party tag, doesn't constitute a group to me or team effort.

What does anyone have say about that? o_O
    ~Nystal~

Acred and Krohon like this.
  6. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Sometimes people group together to achieve a goal. Like killing a boss, taming, or gather XP. Usually, as far as my experience, they don't travel together but meet at the destination point.

However, if you compare with some other games, the population is low and the world is big.

If we want PvP right now the game should limit the PvP areas to a right number, perhaps just one spot, to allow players to interact more often.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  7. Armar

Armar Avatar

I would say this game doesnt has lot to do with UO. Not even Post-Trammel UO. Lets check how thiefery in SotA works according to its Wiki:

1. The thief and victim must be flagged for pvp. <= In UO a thief could steal from everyone
    2. Must be in Guildwarfare or PvP zone <= UO could he could steal everywhere.
    3. To catch a pickpocket you only need to point cursor on him while stealing <= Now how convenient ist this :)
    In UO you had to hunt the sucker down unless it had been in town and one of the lazy guards did kill him.

I doubt an ex-UO thief will be happy in SotA. Too watered down.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Vallo and Time Lord like this.
  8. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

This isn't accurate information. A target only needs to be pvp enabled. They do not need to also be in a pvp zone or in a guild war. You can steal from anyone anywhere but the world map if they are pvp enabled. With that said stealing does need some work. Enemies do not lose their target on you after you stealth. I am not entirely sure how the auto lockon works but I know it can auto target stealthed people under certain circumstances. The ransom system is fundamentally broken, as it allows a player to buy back an item for a price determined by the games value system. A VERY inaccurate value system. Players define the true value of things, not the game. So long as buy backs is based on these false numbers thieves will lose out on thousands, maybe even millions in value on certain items when the game fails to recognize an items true value.

Being stunned doesn't really happen. It has never happened to me. But the fact you need a person to hold entirely still for a period that can last up to 9 seconds isn't very practical. And that is with no ability to choose what you are stealing. If you could snoop that time period would make sense.

Another issue is that I. and most other pvp enabled people, have figured out that the nearby players list is completely broken. This list doesn't exist in pvp forced areas, but everywhere else it does. On it pvp enabled people show up as a question mark, which means every pvp enabled person knows when another pvp enabled person is in the same zone as them. Too often I have seen pvpers show up in Owl's head and run around like a mad man hunting for the enemy(me) without having to ever see me, already knowing I am there. Combine this with the need for a person to stand still to be stolen from, it is nearly impossible to pull off, no matter how good you are. pvpers MUST stop being listed in any way that identifies them as a pvper to other pvpers or stealing just can't be accomplished.

Most of these issues are just oversights I am sure, but in the mean time they are game breaking.

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I had this discussion with chris last year. I told him this very same thing. Leaderboards suck unless you sre in an arena. Mentioned that leaderboards are bad in pvp zones because people can see who is in there. There is no suprise element. I have always pushed to get rid of it.

Time Lord and Baalice like this.
  10. Maghetti

Maghetti Avatar

Leaderboards are bad but the nearby players list in non pvp zones is worse. Any pvp enabled person will open it when they enter, if a question mark is on the list they will either hunt them down or hide. I have see it too many times. I would be okay with lists if you had guarded areas where you can be relatively safe. But otherwise, it just ruins thieves and turns every location into a war zone when pvp enabled people are around together.

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.