Unofficial FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome Avatar

This was a great read. Thank you very much for putting it all together.

enderandrew and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  2. bwallach

bwallach Avatar

Adding a faq about live streaming the game would be nice > Some official statement saying so .

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The devs are fine with recording video of the game. They actively promote the videos that Mad Hermit makes.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Honestly, I think I'm updating the Unofficial One more frequently that the Official One. I'm going to do a big update to this today, and update it again when R14 drops on the 29th.

If there are specific questions you'd like to see answers to, please let me know.

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Under "Will this be a MMO?" you write that it will be a clone of UO, which I don't think it is. Maybe you meant "it is NOT a clone of UO"?

Also specific questions, you know what now follows ;)

1. Will the Single Player part be a true full fledged Single Player experience with game systems specifically designed and adjusted for a true Single Player experience?
    This includes respawning if enemies, bosses, repeatable quests, being able to achive something in the world by being able to cause lasting effects and changes in the world.
    2. Will we be able to save the game in Single Player offline mode?
    3. Will we be able to sleep in beds and make camp to advance time in Single Player offline mode?
    4. How will the economy work in Single Player mode? Will NPCs contribute to the economy by their work?
    5. Will the story be presented with ingame sequences and events, too or just with dialogues?
    6. Will there be areas in the game, players cannot enter and explore in Single Player mode?
    7. How will control points work in Single Player mode?
    8. What functionality will the overland map have besides travel and encounters?

Miracle Dragon and Tahru like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

7. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

Will this be an MMO?

Shroud of the Avatar is a new form of multiplayer online role playing game we are calling a Selective Multiplayer Game. This will allow players to choose how they want to play. Play options will include solo offline, solo online, friends only online, or open multiplayer online. For players who play in open multiplayer, Shroud of the Avatar will feel very much like a traditional MMO.

The persistent open multiplayer mode itself could technically be called an MMO, but SotA will be differentiated not only by its other game modes, but also by breaking away from modern MMO conventions. SotA isn't faction-based, there are no character classes, and the focus isn't entirely on "Elder Game". The online portion will more closely resemble Ultima Online than it will World of Warcraft. That does mean it will be a clone of UO.

Typo? Maybe this is why people are thinking SotA will be UO 2?

Isaiah [MGT] and blaquerogue like this.
  8. Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister Avatar

If I pledge as a navigator I get a signed cloth map if I pledge as one above it do I still get the map?

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  9. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

yes you get everything in lower pledges, except duplicate land deeds.

Tyrion Lannister and Koldar like this.
  10. Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister Avatar

I heard that every once in a while your character is basically reset. Is this true? Also will my character be transferred when the game is released on steam?

Gurnison likes this.
  11. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The game will be completely wiped and reset before launch. Welcome to New Britannia imp. :D

Net and Tyrion Lannister like this.
  12. Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister Avatar

Does this include deletion of the prizes backers get?

13. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

no you will get all of your rewards when it goes to ep 1.
    There will be a character wipe for r17 in april.
    NOt r16 though.3/26..

Character wipe means that all experience is wiped from your character,and everything you have from rewards start back in the bank.
    The first Bank that you access after the wipe will be considered your Home bank. all rewards start there and will remain there till you remove them.
    Rewards are available at all banks, but if you put an item in say owls head bank. a sword for instance, you cannot take it out from any other bank except the one you deposit it in.

14. Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister Avatar

So all experience is Wiped. Does that mean we keep our items or is it just the rewards? Sorry for asking so many questions and thankyou for your help.

Miracle Dragon and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  15. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

you get to keep just your rewards

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You only keep your pledge rewards, not in game things you have accumulated. For example lot deeds, houses associated with your pledge, pledge pet rewards etc. Any gold earned in game, levels obtained, and items crafted usually will go away. The good thing is that is isn't done needlessly,and there 's probably a good reason for it, like perhaps a new feature has come into the game, perhaps new crafting abilities, or character customization has undergone some improvement or ect of who knows. ;) Those are examples but just an fyi. Your pledge items are tied to your account so they are yours to claim at a bank each release after a wipe. And also welcome Tyrion Lannister to Shrouds.:)

17. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Even if you trade a reward item to another person in-game, during pre-release all account-specific rewards will reset to their original owner after each wipe. So don't pay anyone for their lord-of-the-manor house or HOB cabinet in-game, unless you're only planning on keeping it until the next wipe. No in-game trades will be permanent until after the official launch date (after the final wipe).

After a wipe, everyone starts at level 1, with nothing but their own account rewards in the local bank, and a basic set of gear. Hope that clear things up.

18. Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion Lannister Avatar

Last question. Is there a confirmed ship date yet? And thank you again you've been very helpful

19. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

NO Ship date, we still have to do alpha and Beta testing. Please enjoy testing with us. Possibly early 2016.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No confirmed ship date at all. At least we can play while waiting to some extent without all the content and stuff in the game.;) I just want the game to be ready when it ships, as for pledge rewards, I can't imagine they are all ready for shipping by any means.:)

Tyrion Lannister likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.