Unplayable in town scenes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by ahninjas, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

I do play other Unity based games. I saw the bloom bugs on here and in other games. This incredibly slow loading is unique to Shroud. In one of them, I made a thousand floor tower, hell of a lot of components to that, there were other structures nearby and I could glide in without lag. As @Feeyo said, various games, like CS:GO that has a native game client definitely runs better on Linux.

I recently added Dragon Age Origins on Wine and it runs better than on Windows. (This one always blows my mind. Why, with a raw translation layer added in, would games run better on Linux?)
    It is now easier for me to get 32-bit games running more smoothly on Linux than most people manage on Win10
    (Even Micro$oft knows that Linux is better. They have bought GitHub and they are integrating Linux first into Azure and will trickle that down to desktops).

Sorthious, Feeyo and Barugon like this.
  2. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Cool. I haven't tried to use Linux for anything other than servers for some time. Maybe it's getting close to time to build a wee "TV" sized box with a decent GPU and fire up one of the "Gaming" Distros and see what's up.

3. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

I do that with a wireless keyboard that has an inbuilt mouse + mouse buttons at the top corners and an optional Steam Controller.

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Fast setting tends to smooth things out, or sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.