[unplayable] Launcher crashes in Releaseupdate in Ubuntu 18.04

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Tralala, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tralala

Tralala Avatar

HI!

I really like to try this game out, but it seems uninstallable under Ubuntu Bionic:

I just downloaded the Linux version of the SotA-Launcher and installed it on my Ubuntu 18.04 PC.

The Launcher starts, a window appears and instantly an "Update the Patch Client"-run begins.
    "Downloading" OK
    "Unzipping" runs to 99%

Then the Launcher window closes and that was it. No error message.
    And yes: I started the launcher from the commandline, too - still no error message.
    The only output:
    Code:
    Set current directory to /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher
    Found path: /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/etc'
    displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.5
    client has 4 screens
    displaymanager screen (0)(HDMI-0): 1920 x 1080
    displaymanager screen (1)(DVI-D-0): 1024 x 1280
    Using libudev for joystick management
    Importing game controller configs

(All the output above is from before the Launcher window opens. Afterwards there is nothing more.)

Oh - in the Launcher directory there is a file <patcherversion.txt>, with a "95" in it. But on the release page the current release number is 67, and the current build number is 1008.The version that gets downloaded is 147.
    I tried to trick it to just let the update be for now and launch anyways by editing this file and put a 67, a 147, or a 1008 in, but that didn't change anything - still the update gets triggert and after unzipping the Launcher just closes/crashes.

Has anyone had similar problems? And may be a solution or at least some idea on how to deduce the source of the problem any further?? For instance some debug flags one can set to get a qualified crash error message with a reason for failing?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. Tralala

Tralala Avatar

[UPDATE]
    Actually, I just searched for other files created during the update time, and found the downloaded zip file in ~/.SotA.Game.TMP/Downloads/ . There indeed is the file <StandaloneLinuxUniversalPatcher_0_147.zip>.

But copying everything from the zip over the original Launcher directory just yields another crash. This time the launcher window just pops up shortly and then closes.

At least there are some errors being thrown:
    Code:
    Set current directory to /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher
    Found path: /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/etc'
    Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
    Unable to preload the following plugins:
       ScreenSelector.so
    Player data archive not found at `/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

The <ScreenSelector.so> exists in Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Plugins/x86_64/, but the <data.unity3d> definately is missing. Don't know if it should have been in the zip, but it's not. And it was also not in the data originally installed after installing the Launcher.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sara Dreygon and Jaesun like this.
  4. Tralala

Tralala Avatar

Ah thanx Alley Oop. I just recreated the issue in the other forum (here), where the tread continues.

[CLOSED] here.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.