Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unsheathing Weapon While Running Makes Avatar Stop

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Dariog, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

While running by using left and right mouse buttons, unsheathe the weapon. The avatar will stop and begin swinging. If you are running by using center and right mouse buttons, the avatar unsheathes the weapon and continues running normally.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Left + Right mouse buttons for movement are not bound when in combat bode with the cursor active. The middle mouse button would still work. Or the right mouse button for forward movement would still allow movement while in Reticle mode. It was never by our design for Left + Right mouse buttons to allow movement while in combat mode + cursor mode. Those inputs are allocated elsewhere for that state.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ah, but, before this release, if you disabled free attack and unsheathed, you had NEITHER free attack nor autoattack active. this meant you couldn't attack (except with glyphs) until you engaged the autoattack, but you COULD move.

Dariog likes this.
  4. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Exactly my point.

5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

This is WAY too complicated...

Dariog likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have attempted to uncomplicate mouse controls a number of times. Immediate player feedback has led to the current design.

Bluefire likes this.
  7. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I appreciate your efforts, and I think you've done a great job on many things. In the grand scheme of things, this one is a minor problem. However, I think most people liked things the way they were in the previous release, and would greatly prefer if those ways were restored. The only point of this game is to have fun, and for several reasons, this release has heavily damaged the players' ability to do that. I can speak only for myself of course, but I think a whole lot of people would agree with me.

8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Will there be ways for players to map their own mouse controls?

Bluefire likes this.
  9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@Attenwood

I think what I mean by too complicated is we should be able to pick our mode and then that is the mode we should have for combat and peace - no default mode, have it ask when people first play the game. In options offer the ability to make peace and combat modes different for those that prefer that. Literally, though your explanation just lost me - that's how complicated it is. :)

It's too complicated right now because these modes require hitting tab (by default) and other actions that are not obvious.

Rentier, Lexie and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.