UO Catskills RPGers... I'm shouting out to you!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Kallendal, May 19, 2013.

1. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

Are you still alive? Still out there?

Times have come and gone, really miss the old groups I RP'ed with. UO was the only game that I have EVER RP'ed... nothing else ever measured up (and I have been through a ton of MMOs since then).

So much has come and gone since the original days, in truth, I stopped playing UO in 2000. Just too much RL going on. But, times come and go, and anxious to try out something new. UO honestly is the only game I have ever played where I reminisce and think about ... well game play, friends, RPG? Which is hard for me to acknowledge, but impossible for me to deny. Crazy escapism. :)

A big shout out to: EOL (Elves of Light) -- Favorite and really miss playing (King Ham, Lady Cherry, you out there? Athina?) , Qu'ellar Vlos'Ilhar, and the Duskwalker crew. You are all missed.

Really hope SOA helps create some new memories.

Cheers all!

Lord British comes!!!!

- Kal (a.k.a hmmm no no, why spoil a game).

2. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

Hello fellow past Catskills player *salutes*

3. Epodus

Epodus Avatar

Looks like there's at least a few of us around. I myself am feeling nostalgic these days. Hope we can start something similar here. I was Damon Singh back in the day.

4. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

Hello and welcome!
    Was known as Stile, Nixie Everhate, and Winston (AKA Tarchev), among others. Guild leader of Knights of the Exodus (Not the first, I took it over), Knights of the Black Company (Knights of the Exodus renamed), and Kingdom of Moorhaven. Co-GM to Bedlam at one time.

Also was a member of Clan Dalaigh of Kinship Village (guess I still am as we took lifetime membership agreements).

Kallendal, Aeryk and Garbageman like this.
  5. Epodus

Epodus Avatar

Can't wait till this comes out. Depending on how the "shard" set-up, or whatever, works we should all try to recreate Catskills. I still talk to a couple of my Fighters of Jhelom buddies and I know they'd be interested in this as well.

Kallendal likes this.
  6. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Hello! My main character was Charlie, I was on Cats from 2002 until 2008, I was guild leader of PGoH for 2 years with Kodoz from 2005-2007

7. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

I remember the Garbageman ;) Believe Orionus hung out with you and great deal with FoJ group. I am ALL for pre-guilding old times :) Catskills Survivors? Catskill Shard Survivors [CSS]? All ears. Not sure can get as meticulous with a guild, but more than happy to help out.

8. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

Well Met Empress! *bows* Although you were after my time on Catskills. the more the merrier! Was happy to see UO continued on as long as it did. But time for something Fresh shinny and new;)

9. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

I definitely want to be involved in trying to recreate a player based town like kinship.

I have a house coming as does my mom. Hopefully will be able to group with others of like mind, as im sure well see different types if player ran towns if groups can pull it off.

As far as a guild goes im definitely running the caverns. How small vs. how big it gets will be hard to say until game time.. I do have restrictive recruiting but all of my recruitment practices are the sort that a guild lasts for years uses. Much from my own experience combined with reviewing long term based guilds policies. More restrictive does mean slower initial growth but my experience is once you get over the hump and have a good dozen active members, the problem becomes not to grow to fast!

Open recruitment tends to get big numbers fast, but the diversity in desires, opinions, lack of time to form close friendships, etc tens to either cause the guild to fail OR huge player churn.. And a lot of drama. Id rather be a guild of 20 then a 100 with those issues :).

Kallendal likes this.
  10. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

I do hope we see more catskill players soon! Id bust out my icq contact list of 2000+ from back then, but doubt many of them use ICQ anymore so haven't bothered.

Kallendal likes this.
  11. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

ROFL! You said ICQ! Ya know, that thing was pretty damn helpful. And honestly, for a all around IMer couldn't be beat.
    Everyone wants VC today.

12. Epodus

Epodus Avatar

Unfortunately not me! The "Garbageman" nickname is a lot younger than my UO characters ;)

Ah, good old dependable (?) ICQ. I haven't used it in about 5 or 6 years but I still remember my number! 36007945 - if anyone wants to add. No idea how that # is still floating around in my head...

Kallendal likes this.
  13. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

I still have my ICQ number memorized as well (2567231). I had one at one time that was 5 digits long once upon a time, even before UO... but had ditched it when I never used it then when UO came out couldn't figure it out and had to make a new account. I still prefer ICQ over most messenger services. ITs straight to the point use, doing what needs to be done, doing it simple and easily, just cannot be beat!

Garbageman, I will definitely add you on ICQ! probably not tonight as im trying to wrap up a few things before bed, but threw it on my desktop note pad to do. So expect a pigeon from me at some point *grins*

Kallendal likes this.
  14. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Thank you! *nods with a smile* Yes you are right, I am so happy knowing some of my friends are joining in the game! Hopefully we bump into each other once the game comes out. I will be either Charlie Tiberius or Sennah T' Nae which is my main in Atlantic shard.

Kallendal likes this.
  15. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Filbert Eggcup here, old of Kingdom of Winterfell and later Kingdom of Inithria.
    [​IMG]

16. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Filbert!!!! I'm glad to see you will be joining us in the game. Are there any other KoI that you know of?

Kallendal likes this.
  17. Pendragon

Pendragon Avatar

In the woods looking for a wandering healer.
    Rathus Pendragon aka Flik Sheepherder aka Tor'lim Kiln aka Gankus Khan reporting in. I look forward to the coming adventures SotA shall bring.

Kallendal likes this.
  18. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

hmmm *scribbles down notes*
    Kingship of Catskills?

hmm

*mumbles* "Remains of Duskwalker Keep*... no no no....

*grumbles*

"The Crater" *raise eyebrow and ponders his sanity*

How about just "City of Catskills"?

CoC?

*Edit*
    And I am going to LOOK for my ICQ info, as INSANE as that might be.

19. Septimus

Septimus Avatar

Catskills was the best gaming experience I've ever had, and I still talk about it to this day to my friends who started MMOs with more recent titles.

I was in Zombie Horde as Elron Darkbrow

Was guild leader of the Shadowlanders as Septimus, did some RP events with Dove the healer (she was great, miss active rpers like her)

had an imp that hung around the shadowclan orcs named "Peep the Imp"

Also had a mini guild of snake men called Caarth. Character was S'srith.

In a swamp near Winterfell (think to the south west if i remember correctly, off of the road) I had a kind of hermit character named Graxous...big green beard who would share stories and trade with travelers.

those...were....the...days!!!

20. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

This Name rings a bell "Elron Darkbrow"

Did you RP in with the Crimson Alliance at all? (CA)