UO Catskills RPGers... I'm shouting out to you!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Kallendal, May 19, 2013.

1. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

I, for one, am stoked do see so many Catskills players joining or considering joining SotA.

One thing our little shard had was a strong community and I'm hoping I can find the same thing here. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in game.

p.s., Rumor has it that a couple of old (literally) Hand members have been seen wandering around Soltown lately. I even saw the Hand of Terror himself, Mikael, swinging his favorite hammer in the swamps. I, of course, remained in the shadows. That grizzled warrior has been known to slay friend, foe and family alike.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Sir Stile Teckel, asdf0716 and Spoon like this.
  2. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

Im not in game much currently, but only due to the last couple of weeks being insane and i may be digging back out for another week or two yet. I doubt ill become my normal 20-40hr a week gamer until E1, but ill be on off and on at an increasing rate soon (i hope, i need some normalcy *laughs*)

Feel free to add Stile teckel to your friends list and give me a shout if you see me.

If you see any of The Caverns Guild, just say hi... they are all renowned for their politeness, helping out others, and making friends (I don't make em, they do it on their own, I swear!)

asdf0716 likes this.
  3. rankal

rankal Avatar

Just signed up and pledged today. Former Catskills player. Was known as (ready for this) either Rankal (with the guild Vikings of Bone Horn - VBH), Kain, and I was with all the groups that used to hang out in Jhelom for hours and hours on end. Also spent a lot of time RP'ing as one of the orcs in their fortress in Yew (I think it was Yew). Those were some of my favorite times in an MMO.

Went on to be a Counselor and Senior Counselor before leaving the game entirely.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  4. rankal

rankal Avatar

Sorry - this is almost a double-post but I had to share more memories.

Shadowclan Orcs (I remembered after reading the whole thread!) were some of my favorite times. Just randomly making a character, running to the fort, answering in a bunch of "grub/drub/yub yub/nub nub" type of answers, being put in the Guild Stone, being given a club, a goat helmet, and some leather armor, some black boots, and you were ready to go.

I remember when I first started I would train with the friends I had made in Jhelom at the Jhelom farms (you know, flamestriking and flamewall'ing animals to raise your skills) and then randomly a portal would open up and the PK guild "DnA" (Devils n Angels) would port a bunch of monsters from Deceit and Desolace to the farm to kill all of us and take everything we had earned. I remember we spent weeks getting our skills up (I was 16 and in high school, eesh, 17 years ago...) and our biggest victory was finally defeating DnA when they'd group portal to the farm.

Some names look familiar but again ... I wasn't super huge in to the RP life back then (I do remember Kinship, wasn't it "Seer blessed" too?) ... I just remember my crew taking ownership of Jhelom.

Hope everyone eventually joins up in this game :)

5. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Oh yes! That town was very Seer Blessed!! Besides Yew, it was one of the major RP hotspots. :)

6. Danceswithwolves

Danceswithwolves Avatar

Greetings one and all . Lord Danceswithwolves . Hello to all my Catskills friends . Richard G it be me Zigy form the days

7. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

Welcome!

8. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

Yes, remember you!

How have you been?

9. Danceswithwolves

Danceswithwolves Avatar

Doing well been busy with work. 931.787.9897. text me some time

10. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Cinna! Filbert Eggcup here.

asdf0716 likes this.
  11. EmperorBorg

EmperorBorg Avatar

Greetings Catskills UO players of the past and some of the present.....

I do wish to inform you that The Honor Empire (T.H.E.) will be within SotA and have commissioned the build of HONOR HOLD.....currently by order of the offices of the ROYALS (Devs) a team of land surveyors has set up a temporary boundry for HONOR HOLD beyond the Brightbone Pass on the way to where Britain will sit. Near a large outcroping of a granite mountain, HONOR HOLD will be cut from and sit within its base and shadow and serve as an oasis on the journey to Britain. It will be here our ROYALS Lord British and Lord Darkstarr will observe champions of their banner (coat of arms) and those of the realm with their own banners (coat of arms) do battle in the Honorable competition of JOUSTING. Realm Monthly competitions will culminate in a year end Tournament of Champions where one will take their place upon the great Granite Chalices of HONOR. In intervals between tournaments will be open for aspiring Knights and squires to work on their skills at T.H.E. Lysts and enjoy the wares and well being that HONOR HOLD can provide. Citizenry and shopkeeps will stock the finest foods, trinkets and if one feels lucky perhaps a trip to 3B.....the local Bar, Brothel and Betting House may be in order. A Church of the Order of Darkstarr sits here for those to attend at anytime, while one could visit Lord British's residence...provided he is not on site attending the Jousting Tournament. It is said he and Lord Darkstarr do enjoy a gentleman wager at time to time against each other in personal Jousts.

We are accepting membership via private message here and meeting within the existing lot of HONOR HOLD for those interested in various positions within The Honor Empire. (PGoH home within SotA)

12. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Yep, I found the Honor Hold by accident. Today oddly enough I had made my characters name Charlie Tiberius instead of Sennah T'Nae which is my common persona these days... I guess it was fate.
    -Charlie Tiberius (former and FIRST Empress of PGoH)

13. asdf0716

asdf0716 Avatar

Judas D\'arc likes this.
  14. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Ewww Mikael D'Amavir in the swamps? There goes the neighborhood. And yes, the Hand is once again peeing in my potted plants and bathing in the fountain on the roof of the Knights Rest..

Great to have you all back.

unicornslady likes this.
  15. Mike029

Mike029 Avatar

Really brings back great memories. Nice to see >H<, PGoH rise and be counted. I played Balthazar with PGoH for a short time before leaving UO. Great time. We are still missing some people. Anyone here from;
    Black Death - Undead/Cyrix Dragonbane - The Balance, TFC?
    LDS Lord Dark Storm from CA?
    Necro from CA?
    Seven of Nine , Valkyrie or Mom from GoL
    I saw Ajar Deathstrike but what about Travixus or Darkness UD?

Hope life has been good to you all and I'll see you in game.

Kallendal and DB83 like this.
  16. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

I know the Honor Empire (PGOH) has a presence in SoTA already. Not sure how many of the old Yew gang is there other than the Hand. I have popped in and am following game development, and was one of the early responders with a pledge. I have sense sold my pledge, but still keep an eye out to see if things get more interesting.

In the meantime, I spend my time helping to deal with a Hand infestation in Yew on Catskills.

17. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

I have a feeling there are a fair number of old & new Catskillians in Shroud, just maybe not very active in the forums here. Stile Teckel and Amber Raine are very active both here and in-game, and I and my hubby & son are merrily crafting away in Solania. (we're waiting to be able to move to Blackstone Bluff) :)

18. DB83

DB83 Avatar

Hey Mike! Darkness, Ridirich, Salen, and a few others have an FB group up to reminisce! Our goal is to find boz,necro sanct, etc etc and unite as many deaddies as we can. Inboxed you!

19. DB83

DB83 Avatar

20. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

good ssssoulssss

Is Travixus around?

DB83 likes this.