UO Catskills RPGers... I'm shouting out to you!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Kallendal, May 19, 2013.

1. DB83

DB83 Avatar

I'll be getting in touch with him soon I think. i still have his ICQ and skype and was talking to him less than a year ago.

Aedon likes this.
  2. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Okay, Dramora is just mean. She keeps rolling up the local newspaper and swatting me with it.

Anyone in touch with any of the Venroes?

3. Aramis

Aramis Avatar

Yes! Which Venroe did you want to hear from?

4. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

5. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Still trying to reach Dove the Healer from Yew, if you see this I need to talk to you about the libraries in Aegis.. Please message me here or contact me through my ICQ is 312213645

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. Drya

Drya Avatar

What a walk down memory lane! I still visit occasionally with old friends from Cats on the Defenders of Justice Message board and someone posted about this SOTA thread, so I had to come over and check it out. *waves to Rothchild and Apollo* Then I saw a post from Maxine/Jane Trehawke! RPing in Cats was the most fun I've ever had in a online gaming. Niamb Goldenhair here from the Village of Edinburgh. It was a village dedicated to crafting and we used to hold craft fairs and run shard wide events on a regular basis. My character Deirdre was involved with a woodworking guild affiliated with the town. A seer got involved with Edinburgh and it was so much fun. There was a golden dragon who had taken over our local mine and many RP guilds got involved: Defenders of Justice, Mists of Avalon, and of course VoE plus many others. I would write articles for Stratics keeping folks abreast of the story as it developed. One night I think we almost broke the server when many RP guilds came together to banish the dragons and the evil beings that supported him. My character Branwyn NicAdiar was a member of The Celts. So much fun.

I'm hoping SOTA can recapture some of that old magic. I have a townhouse in the town of Arx Draconis which is an island city located in the Bay of Storms, but I haven't been playing. I'm not much for alphas. Sort of been biding my time waiting for the game to be nearer to completion. I've sort of given up on roleplaying as MMORPGs seem to only be RPGs in name alone. It would be fun to become part of a roleplaying scene in SOTA!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Apollo31 and unicornslady like this.
  7. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Howdy Niamb/Deirdre!
    Glad to see another from old Edinburgh!

I've been lurking on these forums for about a year now and in-game Maxine has mainly lived in Solania, but I will be moving up to Lux Sanctuary (as long as Spoon can cope with me :D ) after Thursday's wipe. JJ/Captian Ahab is in Novia too, but he's under gone a Sea Change and is Arial now. ( I don't know if he'll always be that character, but for now that's who he is. :))
    I haven't visited Arx Draconis yet, but now I just have to see your future home and will be popping over there soon. :cool:

I think you'll enjoy Novia and things should get a lot more interesting in the next six months. The Devs are keeping most of the quests close to the vest at this time so that they'll be a new, fun thing for us to do still upon full release. I think RPing will be fairly healthy here and there are several RP oriented guilds, organizations, and communities here.

Here are just a couple of groups you may want to get to know!

http://www.thebeartavern.org/home
    http://www.portphoenix.com
    http://www.paxlair.com/index.php (Although they originated in Chesapeake, they are very active here also)
    http://orderofvengeance.com
    http://rsfie.com
    http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress
    http://www.rpota.com (very good tool!)
    http://avatarsradio.info (Drop a note to Amber Raine, she'll remember you too!)
    There is of course much more (such as Lux Sanctuary, a spa :) ), but these links will help you get in touch with a large part of the role playing community here.

So when you get in-game make sure you add Maxine Trehawke to your Friends List! For the next few weeks (after Thursday) I'll be gathering wood & stone for Spoon & Amber Raine to help rebuild Lux Santuary and Radio City and helping redecorate Hometown, but I'll be glad to show you around!

*Gives you a big hug and scampers off!*

asdf0716, Sir Stile Teckel and Mata like this.
  8. Drya

Drya Avatar

*Hugs Maxine* Great to hear from you! When I play, I'm Drya LLTS for now. Not sure what my name will be when the game goes live, but likely Drya, as that is the name by which I'm know in The Syndicate. I've been a member of TS for almost 10 years and that is the name by which most of my gaming friends know me. Still, the name Niamb calls to me. I won't be in game again until sometime in March, but I do think it's time to become more familiar with SOTA. Great to hear from you again. I definitely plan to try RPing again once this game goes live.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  9. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

Nice to see alot of catskills players in sota.
    I joined UO in 2002 left in 2004 was a member of PGoH
    My main was Schneider and Christoph.

Now I am Schneider member of Honor Hold.

Sir Stile Teckel and Balandar like this.
  10. Three Eighty-Six

Three Eighty-Six Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    Catskills, here, too!

Sir Stile Teckel and Balandar like this.
  11. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

So many Cats people so little time.

12. Draedloth

Draedloth Avatar

Catskills. A little gm bard mage named Theodore. /salute

13. ColdSun

ColdSun Avatar

14. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Catskills here as well because when i started playing UO there was no Europe or Drachenfels Server :p

15. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Nice to see some Guardians of Light members still around! I have some fond memories of events with GoL from back in the day.

ColdSun and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  16. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Added you to my Steam friends list and Welcome to SotA!!!! :)

17. ColdSun

ColdSun Avatar

Thank you! It's great to be here and I'm so glad that so many catskills people are still around. It was one of my most fondest gaming periods.

18. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Don't tell her Eggcup! She is after all your candy.

19. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Mugly Wumple aka Filbert Eggcup is now Brigham Dune of Port Phoenix. Come join me and my sister Forlorna Dune.

20. Nasmara

Nasmara Avatar

Catskills ...... seems a long time ago . i was a member of OSS order of the Silver Serpent, red cloak and because im from Holland that cloak caused a lot of lag hahaha. I remember the nights we were gathering to go out with the guild, waiting around for everyone to arrive and then finaly we were all together it was so laggy i couldnt move at all. But we sure had some fun in those days, my nephews, my son all in the same guild. a great game a great time