UO Catskills RPGers... I'm shouting out to you!

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Kallendal, May 19, 2013.

1. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Shout out to everyone!! Hail and well met!! Obs here of MGT (Moongate Tavelers). Audacity and I are "resurrecting" ;) the Evil Eye Tavern tavern in the Town of Rift's End. That's right, the Evil Eye Tavern of legend from Necropolis on the Catskill Shard. I wish to adorn the walls of the tavern with the skulls of players and Devs alike.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO DONATE THEIR SKULL!!!

You could see the post here. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-want-your-body.65827/

As a former Cats player in CA, PGoH and a few others, I ask you to donate your skull to be prominently displayed on a shelf in the Evil Eye Tavern. I'd like to set up an area of UO players by shard and by guild if possible. ( I know not everyone is using their same name but I'd like you to contribute just the same.) We are doing this to create a place for the "gamers" who helped make this game great to be recognized for all eternity. Sort of a wall of fame. It's a way to have your name recorded for all times.
    Pass the word around, we need your skull!!

A few things of note. The Mike029 post on page 2 is my other account and is me! The tavern is under construction at the moment but we have started to set things up and all are welcome to drop by and see how things are progressing. We have a chest set up in Rift's end where you can drop off your skull or just PM Audacity or me Obsidian Tempest and we can meet you.

We will never sell or trade a Skull.

Thank you all in advance.

Aedon likes this.
  2. Porkcereal

Porkcereal Avatar

As a founding member of the k*j, keepers of justice, i will always pledge my services in the destruction of the undead that reside in and from necropolis. Fear the Teal.

Goodluck in your new ventures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  3. Porkcereal

Porkcereal Avatar

A bit late.
    Seneschal keepers of justice
    Veradey Venroe house venroe
    Checking in. Actually using Veradey Venroe as my ign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Aedon likes this.
  4. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Ahh a Venroe!
    Hope to run into you in game sometime. I sorely miss the old folks from UO.

5. asdf0716

asdf0716 Avatar

So- now the real question: how many of you all are in game these days? There's four >H< so far up and running!

6. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

You will usually find me in game as "oddjob", as i work from home and hes my more casual/crafter/fisher/merchant me, that I can use while i work on other screens. Im on with him about 12-16 hours a day, and although there may be delays for me to respond due to being afk, ill usually get back to anyone dropping me a note. He actually has done some very basic solo training, and has good gear and needs a group some time to go hunt a bit with.

Feel free to ask me to join up anytime, but note the following.. i cant always say yes, even though im in game.. depends on what my work load is at the moment. i can sometimes though! and.. hes low level right now :)

My main, Stile Teckel is still around, but at this time im not using him much. Once i have life changes more situated, 6-12 months down the road, i look forward to playing him more avidly as well.

Feel free to add Oddjob to your friends list, even if just for a possible teleportal location now and then. Stile to! Oddjob will be beneficial for teleports though since hes logged in often.

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hello everyone! :)
    I met my husband in UO on the Catskills server. Our story is linked in my signature. Our guild was Wizards of the Coast W^C.

8. asdf0716

asdf0716 Avatar

Sounds good! Does anyone know of anywhere- either here... or on discord... wherever where an organized RP community meets or talks or hangs out or... is being structured- anything? I found some stuff in the RP corner of the forum and I think I found a discord link, but, it doesn't at all seem to be Cats specific or anything. Lets get organized CATSRPers!

9. asdf0716

asdf0716 Avatar

Man! I remember Jonah Mereel and I messing with the Celtic Knights big time in Yew back in the day!

10. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

http://www.rpota.com/

asdf0716 likes this.
  11. asdf0716

asdf0716 Avatar

Oops! Sorry- I missed this whole thing! Great work!

12. K1000

K1000 Avatar

From Catskills here also, was and still am 'Terrence Phillip' in game. Played from launch to 2001. Was part of the druids guild (we were very few) and were based in the druid grove, not far from the Celt village. We protected Brittania against the evil Lord Galleon and his minions. The druids were led by the brothers Ranthir and Vevonus Venivrai. Would very much like to talk to them again if by chance they've found themselves in New Brittania. :)

13. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Played the first 6 yrs on Catskills, had a tower just north of the xroads on the way to yew.. A small in Occlo.. and a log on a island i forget the mane of it....
    Guildmaster of the Darkwood Society

Name was Nightwolf

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  14. Judas D'arc

Judas D'arc Avatar

Hey, I'm actually still in touch with Ranthir. We're playing together again on Catskills in UO as the RP community's been picking up again there. I'll let him know you're looking for him.

Feel free to ICQ me at #6082388 if you want.

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

Is ICQ even still around!? :)

16. Judas D'arc

Judas D'arc Avatar

Hahah. Yeah, surprisingly enough. A fair number of UO players still seem to use it, so it's an unfortunate necessity. I do occasionally get adds from foreign (to the U.S.) users who seem to be using it as a random chat program as well.

17. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Oh, I only just saw this thread. I, too, played on Catskills, from 1999 to 2002 if I remember correctly. I had characters in many guilds, including United Pirates, Black Rose Society, Qu'ellar d'Elamshin and Bedlam, and took over leadership of Qu'ellar Lassrinnus Venorik (yeah that's one stupid name :oops:) in 2001. Probably my character Felyndrae Ump'tu may be the most well-known of my characters.

I'm still hoping for some kind of Catskills style RP/PvP here. I think Elgarion lay a great foundation with his POT Kahli (PvP). Everyone that doesn't know it should definitely come check it out. Currently we're working on making some first steps in the direction of a multi-guild RP community there, and I personally am always happy to meet someone I can roleplay with, so please everyone feel free to add me to your friends lists or send me a whisper ingame.