UO Cheats, Bugs, and Scams

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Lebowski, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I probably does... but to all of us that did play it, it brings back a lot of fond memories!

Mordecai likes this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

hahaha. No doubt. I'm not the same ruthless 16 year old kid that I was back then though.

3. Robby

Robby Avatar

In a way... trammel only allowed theivery to be more effective because: 1) You do not run into and "shove something invisible out of the way' and 2) You cannot kill them when you reveal them! So if you hid in someones house or by their ship they got NO idea if your in the area. Add stealth to that and trammel becomes the best place to be a theif. Stealing skill was worthless even in fel, can only steal up to 10 stones and no blessed items. Blessed items could easily be plucked off the ground when released.

4. Robby

Robby Avatar

Omg that reminds me of those 'dating scams' that they have going on in dating sites or craigslist sometimes where someone poses as a rich person and gets real close to them online then tells them they are stuck in an airport somewhere and needs money wired to them. You naughty man you!

5. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

It's exactly like that.

6. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Sounds pretty nasty to me...are you a nasty type of person? Actually I believe that in the USA admitting to such actions makes you subject to felony prosecution. (Statute of limitations may apply)

7. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

Well. It really wouldn't be worth anyones time considering the amount in question...if we are getting serious here. The lesson is don't be a moron. If something seems to good to be true, then it's probably too good to be true.

8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

It is obvious you have never played the game. Back in the beginning, houses were very unsecured. If you was lucky enough to kill some one with a house key on them and knew where there house was, you could just unlock the front door and clean out there house. What I had done was very preventable, greed got the better of them.

Lebowski likes this.
  9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

In homes, hiding, detect hidden and tracking worked 100% as if you was Gm. So what they should have done was recall in and used the detect hidden skill. If it was used, I would have been aromatically revealed and they would have known I was in the house. But they knew I was in a hurry and greed blinded them and they decided not to double check.

10. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

You are right I never ever did play UO hence my first post in this thread :) However since 1999 things have changed a bit and I know that the Federal government takes any "fraud" like behaviour more seriously so it can be dangerous to announce past or present actions in public forums. Especially now that we know for a fact that the NSA is watching all of us :p

At any rate...It was just a caution, I dont want to see anyone getting into trouble.

11. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

We are watching you :)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. robatzen

robatzen Avatar

Ahhh, good old times when secures and lockdowns in houses did not exist, and all those houses were filled up to the roof with tons of stuff. :rolleyes:

You would of course never ever carry your house key or your house rune when leaving guarded areas. A recall scroll and a bank rune ... thats all what you should carry, just for security reasons.

With hiding and stealth you were also able to wait next to a house, if you knew it's owner was online. As soon as he came to his house, you could stealth into the house just behind him and wait until he left again. Hopefully some of your friends were online at this point, to help you to pack and transport all this nice stuff ... stealthing into houses was such a terrific game feature ...

Most of this house looting stuff would not have been possible if these guys would have used detect hidden in their houses. At some point I recall myself beeing completly paranoid, spamming the Detect Hidden macro all over again when I was home.

Some more small stuff I remember right now:

1) EQ scroll for Evaluating Intelligence training. If you had a magery skill below 25 (or 20?) you were not able to successfuly use the EQ scroll, still you were able to gain eval int from trying it over and over again.
    2) This 8 tiles skilling thingy, not sure how it was called. As soon as you had gain using a skill you moved on 8 tiles in horizontal or vertical direction and used the skill again. To me it did always feel like it was skilling faster. Tbh, till today I am not sure if it was just imagination.
    3) To flag yourself grey in a fast and easy way, you could jump of your horse, eval int the horse, jump back on it and use magic arrow on last target.
    4) Blade spirits for parry training, damn these thingies were fast when you had like 5+ hitting you!
    5) Ghosts for heal training, with 80+ you were able to just reseruct ghosts over and over again, it did not matter if the ghost really accepted the revive. Very handy to macro ...
    6) Placing trapped chests in dungeons and hide next to it - that was so funny, there were always a guy that would run to the chest and doubleclick it right away.
    7) Stealing from other players monsters. Not sure if I recall that correct, but I think it was possible to steal from monsters while other players were fighting them. So, drylooting some nice creature before it even died was always an option, especially as it did not flag you in any way.
    8) I recall there were tons of bugs and glitches connected to the trade window, but I cant remember anything in particular at the moment.
    9) ...

13. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I remember back when you didn't need to be 2 tiles away from a house sign to purchase or buy a house from another player. Players were getting scammed hard. All you had to do was purchase a small 8x8 house right next to a much larger house. A large tower was most common. Then go out and advertise you are selling a large tower for cheap! The buyer would meet you at the large tower which is actually next to your small house. You show off the tower like it was your own and during the actual transfer, you transfer over the smaller house, and if the buyer doesn't check what he is actually getting, and just clicks accept, he buys a small 8x8 house for the price of a large tower.

14. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

Remember that one too

15. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

I lived off of this. It was the best way to GM fishing.

Gracekain likes this.
  16. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Fishing, healing, anatomy etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.