UO Player Joining SoTA

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by LordSekrion, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSekrion

LordSekrion Avatar

Hey there everyone! I just wanted to see if any of my former guild from UO might happen to see this post and maybe meet some old friends once again. This is Tamer of Death from the Atlantic shard, formerly in the House Hiders Inc. [HH!]

If any of you see this, let me know you're here! It'll be great to talk to some old guild-mates!
    And for everyone else in SoTA, nice to meet you. :)

2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Welcome to Sota. I am sure someone knows someone. There are alot of us UO players here as well. Enjoy the game. I played on alantic. Winfield is still active and perhaps know of some of your guildies.

3. LordSekrion

LordSekrion Avatar

Thanks. :)

If you're from Atlantic, you've probably heard of Lorelei Rage? She was my guild leader and helped me a ton when I got started.

4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Welcome to the game. I transferred my main char to Atlantic before I quit UO, as it was the only minimally glimmering gem remaining on the decomposing ingredients scattered by Mondain himself of what was left of the shattered shards.

Never heard of any of those guilds which is common here, a melting cauldron of all surviving veterans.

Hopefully the UO players can inject life into this world and make it like the old days. I played Great Lakes most of my time in UO, due to a guild, even though I lived on the west coast.

Sometimes I wish I found this game now, and not 3+ years ago, less is more.

5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Sounds familiar but there were so many wonderful people , its was hard to keep up unless someone posted on my bulletin board. A hearty welcome . We have a great bunch of people here as well. The community is growing by leaps and bounds. If you need help with anything , don't be shy to ask on the forums.

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Welcome to the game and the forums!!!

7. Womby

Womby Avatar

Welcome LordSekrion. I expect there will be some things about SotA that are familiar, and some that are not. I hope you get to meet up with some people that you know from UO. There will be quite a few here after the final wipe.

A word about final wipe. It will share some similarities with the launch of UO: buggy and missing quite a few features. As with UO, these will be addressed over time.

8. LordSekrion

LordSekrion Avatar

I'm fine with the wipe, it'll help me because I won't be too far behind. :p

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome @LordSkerion! I played UO since beta on these shards: Lake Superior, Lake Austin, and Siege Perilous.

11. LordSekrion

LordSekrion Avatar

Nice to meet you all. Is there any advice you can give me? I played a tamer mage main on UO. What do you think I should start with? Sun magic seems like a definite for me.

12. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game!

Stahlknecht, Leelu and Mata like this.
  13. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome LordSekrion!

Stahlknecht, Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
  14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Lord Sekrion, Tamer of Death!

Stahlknecht, PK U and Mata like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings and salutations LordSekrion!

Mata and Stahlknecht like this.
  16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Hey I remember HH! Cool stuff man. Welcome to the game, happy to see you. Let me know in game (Kazyn Phoenixfyre) if you need anything.

Tamer mage is definitely a thing you can do here. Taming is a bit different and more expensive though! Worth it once you get high enough however. My best advice would be to just learn a bit about the games and understand that there are some differences youll find right away. Enjoy it for what it is, and remember that we're still in development :) Also, friends help - going out alone is tough! Find some good like minded folks you can go out with and im sure youll find your place in the world. I'm happy to guide you around if youd like =)

17. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I have recently reactivated my UO account and I play on Great Lakes, my guild is still there and very active. So much to see and do, its been 7 years since I have played UO but I am loving it! :)

Ice Queen, Mata and Stahlknecht like this.
  18. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome LordSekrion !

Mata and Stahlknecht like this.
  19. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I'm sure it still is fun from a certain player perspective, I'm just from the old days, when there were regularly 100+ active players at the Brit bank. When I logged in a good 5 years ago during a free dealio for vets there was 1 player at the Brit bank. 1 player. not including me, so 2 players, to go from 100+ active players to 2 players, it's quite a shock, it's like time traveling into the future and seeing a apocalyptic world with barley any survivors. I did see the Luna bank which was the main bank, but even Luna had like 10+, 20+, on rare occasions 25+ players, but players that were non social, players that got there, got what they needed, took off, or afk, different dynamic, different world. Saw 10x the players on Atlantic which is why I transferred and still was so low in active players, noticed 1 out of every 10 players was a gold seller, no joke, 1 out of every 10 players was a literal gold seller, their job to play the game. That's a massive increase from my day, where there were probably 1 gold seller per 1,000 players.

20. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Yep I played back when many were at Brit Bank, I dont need hundreds of people playing to have fun :)

Ice Queen and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.