Upcoming changes to crafting in R 53 - Gold Inflation and more Items for vendors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Pretty excited to see how the changes pan out. I think it will be better, but who knows. Like Chris stated, if things go horribly wrong, we can adjust.

On a slightly related note, I saw some people talking about how we're getting crafting specialization. Where is this info? Was this talked about in a telethon?

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I suspect it would be just loot, or a lot of assumptions would have to be made about the weapon tier. I can't see them letting a T1 mob run around with a +15 weapon. So could you just use the +x descriptor as atier classifier? Not sure how much that would make sense.

Hopefuly, they would match up weapon types tho, wands for wands, swords for swords, etc. It would be fun to get a +15 drop off a T1 mob.

3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Lets be optimistic people finding gear from you will also know ... is a good crafter so if i want something better than this i should seek him out.

Other ways they could have sent peoples crafted items to mob drops would be if was daily crafting tasks where you turned in some items and was paid for it.

Ardoris guards needs swords can you deliver some ? ....

4. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

I didn't see anyone mention it, but prices of raw materials are going to fall dramatically as the population increases so items will be cheaper to make. There is going to be a race to the bottom as the market becomes saturated with raw materials. It will likely take a few months or more to find what the new floor is, but I'd estimate it will be about 25% of where it is now, if not lower.

Additionally, there is going to be a large influx of gold into the economy. When it all nets out, we will be selling same-quality crafted items for less than we are now, but will be able to make a profit due to cheaper ingredients. Unfortunately for those of us who have been crafting thus far, it will take a while to recoup our losses, especially from destroyed items, but we are the best positioned to service the impending demand for goods.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think that's a great idea too. I think a quest to turn in xx amount of crafted weapons/armor to an NPC in lieu of simply selling them to a merchant would could help recoup costs and also possibly give a nice chunk of crafting XP.

I think the only caveat to this though should be that the failed "broken" items can't be turned in for the quest. Otherwise, people would just crank out cheap items until they break, then go turn them in for xp and gold.

In fact, there could be material specific versions of the quest which give different rewards. For example, iron swords could be a low level reward, but turning in bronze or meteoric swords for example might give a slightly better reward. This would help those that risked using the rare higher grade materials.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, this thread is proof that no matter what the devs do, people will complain.

7. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I dont get the vendoring to NPCs part..... why not just let the BROKEN gear go into the loot table directly.....once broken...??? and leave the whole process as-is.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Wasn't what the OP described sort match with what the Dev has been planning all along?

Spoon likes this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'd rather have the choice of what I want to do, and if I really want to make 100 to 200 gp to have it show up in the loot tables... I like the idea so far. We'll see how it goes. Anything is better than what we have now.

10. Bubbagrim

Bubbagrim Avatar

This is exactly what they do on Albion online. The reason is to keep the drops consistent with what players make. In other words they want the best stuff coming from crafting not from mobs. Just because someone sells 50 chest pieces to a vendor doesn't mean they are going to put all 50 on mobs. At least I don't think so..

11. eli

eli Avatar

21 beetles and I pay 700 please sell me for 500 :)

Also your second point is why I said an amortized cost of 65k to get a 3/3. I have spreadsheeted my odds it takes 3.6 items for me to get a 3/3 (assuming I am crafting enough for the odds to even out)

Elrond likes this.
  12. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I mean everyone has their own perfect vision of what they think every system should be for their ideal vision of what they want SotA to be, so there will never be pleasing 100% of the people all of the time...

Barugon and Elrond like this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Not sure about the concern for junk item increase. Right now, junk items are nearly all I get. So this change wont result in more, just better, junk. Thumbs up for crafted loot drops.

14. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Not sure I like this idea but anything is better than what we have now. I'm sooooo worn out from:
    1) Grind for hours in the mines to collect ore
    2) Spend an hour making ingots, sheets, straps etc
    3) then butt clench hoping for a +1 and more times than not running 5+ without seeing any at all
    4) Finally decide to try and craft a piece and fail to get any of them to even 2/2 much less 3/3(hahahhahaha)
    5) Look at the meager few scraps you have and just hold back the tears

I spent hundreds of thousands in Elven strings trying to make a decent 2/2 bow. Just OUCH.

I'd rather just buy the gear but the gear is soooo hard that nobody is gonna sell you top end gear at any price really. Most of the gear I see on venders is a total trainwreck.

All that said I dont really see how this system is better but I'll give it a try.

15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

700gp each??!? I have been selling them way too cheap... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.