Upcoming mounts and wishes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by majoria70, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

It seems the stretch goal is nothing that is being taken seriously.

There are not enough ‘things’ to fund the proposed amount and any one person may buy one or two of each. The scalability seems misunderstood or not well represented.

Why aren’t the pack animals included in this stretch goal? It seems to match in the vision - but perhaps is a ‘different’ technology to develop.

Granted mounts may come along at some point. Harken back to the days of Galaxies where entire planets were walked around on before animal mounts finally arrived. Guild Wars 2 only got mounts in its third act as well, so the path to mounted movement isn’t first thing out the door always.

Stella Moon, Gorthyn and majoria70 like this.
  2. sake888

sake888 Avatar

For real?

3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes mounts and carts is something BDO does very well and something that would be great in this game.

The stretch goal total is crawling up due to various reasons which are fairly self evident (uninspiring things to purchase, low game population and perhaps a certain amount of "buyer fatigue")

Would also be intrigued to know whether the 50k raised so far has been ring fenced and is sitting in a bank account somewhere ready to be actually used for mount development or whether it's just been eaten up in on going running costs and so in effect mounts are not being specifically funded anyway ?

Katu likes this.
  4. Vyill Stench

Vyill Stench Avatar

I agree 150%.

5. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I can't see who at Potalarium thinks that various horse masks would be a big seller. Now to give credit to Majoria, if she plastered the forums stating we want mounts or various type of War Horses and such like the pics she showed rather then the children's version on the add0on store we might have better results. The barn in the store does not even look medieval, it doesn't fit with the rest of the theme in the game. Is it Viking Barn, Kobold Barn, or Farmer Joe's Barn on Main Street USA?

Vyill Stench and Synergy Blaize like this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes the barn looks like it's accidentally wandered into SOTA from "Farm Simulator 2005" or some such totally unrelated game.

Yet another "what were they thinking ?" moment from Port sadly.

Brewton likes this.
  7. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Great Ideas! I'm sad that we won't be able to ride our wyverns into battle, I really wanted to be a wyvern knight.... But that leads into my own wish for a new skill tree for Mounted Combat!

8. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

majoria70 and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I would really like to understand why so many people are eager for mounts in the game. In SotA the scenes are so small I don't see any advantage. And it is already possible to run from one end of the overworld to the other in a minute. In Skyrim mounts were really useful for traversing great distances more quickly although I usually left my horse behind because it attacked mobs and I was afraid it would get killed. :eek:

10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

No reason for this post, don't want to see it don't come look...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.