1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Heraldry Items for Store Now Live

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Never. Your pledge reward has been fulfilled.
    It never mentioned Cloaks, nor did it promise or suggest that you would be able to produce an infinite number of them.

2. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Well to be honest it never said this would be made to the general public either which I am against... I am not happy these are now being made available to everyone and not based off pledge level.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Founder Items are unique and will forever and a day label you as an early backer.
    To begrudge Portalarium an income stream making use of a non-trivial system to develop would seem to me to be a short-sighted position, counter to the health and longevity of the game.
    What good are your Founder Heraldic Items if the servers shut down?

majoria70, Beaumaris, Gorthyn and 4 others like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The pledge reward is written as follows: "Get your own Family Crest for display on your shield, tabard and house flag, made from a customized image uploaded by YOU!"

We delivered all of those promised items, and in the case of the tabard we delivered four different versions (chain, cloth, leather, plate). We delivered eternal patterns as well as consumable patterns for all of these for a grand total of 46 patterns.

The cloak is an additional item outside the scope of the original reward. The new shield and new banners are also outside the scope.

Daigoji Gai, Barugon, Lace and 5 others like this.
  5. Lace

Lace Avatar

Mr @DarkStarr the price point for banners in the add on store is ridonkculous. 24 dollars for 2 banners one of which has a size which restricts placement to all but the largest of homes. Now while I have a blazon done from founder status, I thought I would be able to buy some banner blank patterns and use my heraldry, but at this price point I will have to pass as many will.

I understand for non founders to go through the blazon approval process costs portalarium money, but approved additional patterns should not be so cost prohibitive aka banners or those talking about multiple cloaks.

My humble opinion.
    (cheesy grin)

Edit:
    To me there should be a voucher for blazon approval. Then the eternal armor type items which are there and fine, then pattern packs for those with approved blazons for banners and cloaks available if you have an approved blazon. (aka guilds and friends can use a pattern on items provided the pattern is given them by the friend etc)

I know the cat is out of the bag on the voucher for blazon approval but maybe this can be changed going forward.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.