1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: We Are Beary Beary Sorry

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Maybe a Special Bearskin Cloak, Bear Head Hat and Bear Paw Gloves would go along ways in easing our trauma!

2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

LOL! Gimme gimme gimme :p

<3 It gave me a good laugh! I think you just want an actual SEA BEAR so here you go:

[​IMG]

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Like this?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

We are so happy you fix!

[​IMG]

5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You all have just found the elusive dev troll... seldom seen, but can be heard cackling from the rafters of certain studios across the nation. :D

P.S. Trying to tame a dev troll can be hazardous to your health.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the crafted tea set recipe drops at the teddy bears' picnic.

7. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

@DarkStarr

It's all good, there will plenty of happy tamers tomorrow.

But what about the Undead summon skill damage scaling?

8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

He already spoke to that. They already have scaling in the tree which none of the other trees have.

9. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

10. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

@DarkStarr Lets do the bear patch today! That seems like it will be way more fun than waiting until tomorrow :)

the Lacedaemonian and Minerva like this.
  11. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris

Basically the issue is:
    Are undead summons supposed to be more powerful than other (spell tree) summons? (because you have a significant additional invest of adventure exp in skills for them and they decay and die over time)

If the answer to this question is "yes" then not scaling them up because they already have skills to scale them up flips this upside down. Instead of strong summons being a feature of the death tree you end up with weaker summon in the death tree that require the investment of exp just to bring them up to par with summons from other trees and to put a cherry on top of it, your death summons decay and die.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Wait, this thread was about bears, and now we're talking about undeaed summons?

ARE WE GETTING UNDEAD BEARS?

*bounces around excitedly*

13. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Not trying to be a bother but how was this not noticed in the QA server before going live? Players were testing this publish before it went live and no one noticed the bears were never seen?

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
  14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Please stay on topic.

We are going to look at balancing undead summons in R58 so please stop cross posting and multiple postings on that issue (along with the PMs about it too).

15. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I did. I tried to bring it to the devs attention.

16. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

No! Bears are cute lil buddies that help with adventures. :)

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not everything gets into the qa builds. if things are missing, we tend to assume they're simply not added yet. sometimes they even do it deliberately to keep things a surprise.

18. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

I understand stuff happens, and honestly I only looked for this bear for a couple hours, after hearing others were searching with no results and taking Ports past issues in account I assumed it had not made it in game despite @DarkStarr telling us it had. This has happened one too many times in this game, there should be nothing less then a visual confirmation for in game content at this point, its just happens too often. Very disappointing Port considering the number of infractions, in this stage of your conquest I would assume you've learned your lesson on avoiding such potential media and player backlash. After the issues with everything else and then the Wyverns not making it, even the animals we were given to ease our pain of previous letdowns didnt work. However I am happy you guys finally decided to listen to your players and discover it was missing after the constant bug reporting and discussing since QA launch.

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Indeed. Moving forward this can easily be avoided by simply using QA better. I know that many of us spent hours and hours searching QA for this bear and were very communicative both on forums and discord about it not being present.

I suppose there's a certain amount of fair assumption that we just haven't been clever enough to find it or that our scene-combing has been less than thorough (tho after being part of BearWatch 2018, I see that this is absolutely not the case!!).

QA should be for QA - lets not worry about spoilers, yeah? If you're going on QA server you're going to get a sneak peek, that's just the reality - indeed, I'm sure many people use it for such. But even if it only went into Wednesday's build, if it was there, we woulda found it. One of my frustrations with testing on QA, in general, (in that that its meant to be for testing) it all gets deleted, right? So why not give every player who logs on QA to test a box with all the new stuff so they can actually...test? I'm not going to grind mobs for hours to farm a recipe so that I can see if it works. But if that recipe is available for 1 gold on a QA-vendor somewhere, I will buy it, make it, test it, if its deco I'll try to place it, etc. Help us to help you. Communicate what you're doing. Say, welcome to QA. We've added this and this to this scene, can you please test it and see if anything is broken. We can and do use the draft patch notes as a sort of guide, but tester time is better spent actually testing instead of playing find-the-new-stuff.

I appreciate that some things you will want to keep as surprises. And that's cool. But then those items need to be manually checked, (like, from the perspective of a player with no superpowers). That takes time that you guys need to be spend making new content and designing the tame-able cats. ;) You have a willing, enthusiastic, and eager work force of playtesters who are willing to work for FREE. Use us!

20. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm pretty sure those already exist. See "Dog." ;)

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.