1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: We Are Beary Beary Sorry

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

:mad:

Not the same thing at all! :X

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Ahh, but show me a tamed cat, and I'll show you a well trained human!

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This 'great bear hunt' is right up there with the 'great cat-astrophe' from awhile back in terms of memorable events.

If its about the journey and not destination, this event certainly created a lot of journeys :)

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No such thing as a tamable cat. :rolleyes:

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I kinda feel everyone that spent over 20 hrs looking for the bears should just receive the two bears at this point, one of each. I hope they at least ramp up the spawn rate for a couple days so we don't have to spend another 20+ hrs looking for them. Assuming they're even rare, frankly I hope they are not rare but have very high requirements to tame and summon them.

6. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

Yes please!!

I have wanted a bear skin cloak since starting Shroud, I already wear all Clan of the Bear gear plus a Primal Bear Headdress.

Please add your voice to this thread that I started because Grizzly Adams needs complete his outfit and live up to his name.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

I also spent many hours searching for these elusive bears along with many other tamers.

I enjoyed the chance to visit zones that I have not been in before or spent much time in, I also was able to tame a dozen or so Large Obsidian Bears which was good fun and all part of the Shroud adventure.

As others have said it is not about the reward but the searching that makes life interesting, I for one had a good weekend.

But I am relieved to hear that they are not in game as I was beginning to wonder if I had missed something along the way.

Thanks @DarkStarr for the news that I have not gone mad, well not completely anyway.

8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I'll have you know that this problem was unbearable.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I....actually want the new scene more than the bears ^^

10. bastianbu

bastianbu Avatar

We demand an ingame TeddyBear for our Homes!

Thwip, Fionwyn Wyldemane and kaeshiva like this.
  11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

In the good old times they were tameable, but then those NPCs went berserk and to protect the cats, they are not tameable. Perhaps we could get back the old cats.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, yes, while I'd like to be able to tame the in-town cats, I believe this change was made due to the great cat massacre incident where the NPCs kept killing them. That was really distressing.

I'm more on about tigers and panthers and lynxes and big wild cats that seem to be conspiciously absent in this game. Why not a few snow leopards with the arctic wolves and polar bears, Portalarium???

/want cats.

Actually, my husband calls this the Great Cat Paradox.

On one hand, I'd love to tame these cats and name them and have them be my friends.
    On the other hand, if they added them as mobs, this means I would have to kill kitties.

I can only assume that this very issue is perhaps why we do not have cats....

Anyway, sorry for the extended de-rail.
    Meow.

Witcheypoo and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

yeah that would be awesome, let's make it a EP2 stretch goal

14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I have a JIRA system for my aging memory: Microsoft OneNote. But I WISH I had a @Lord British who would follow me around saying "I'll JIRA that for you" like he does on the live streams. Wouldn't that be cool?

Sorry to be off subject. Couldn't stop myself. :cool:

15. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I myself plus a few others in know did search and search on QA. Went to all the zones that I know have bears and saw all but the two elusive ones. My conclusion was they werent in game yet. Then it was stated they were and even a hint of proximity was shared and went there as well....knowing that one zone had Never had bears in it before.....went to another scene where bears exist yet it was NOT the scene type that was stated. Confused yet?.....why Yes. So wait and wait again to see if it gets fixed....give up and figure it will show itself soon. Nope. Snaffu time. LOL. So wait again. I am sure i wont survive either one but the knowing its there is the key.
    Hope to get a glimpse some time today though.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

i enjoyyed people grouping up to treasure-hunt and hypothesize this global puzzle. Im not into grinding groups so this was a nice rare chance to "put our heads together" for me \o/ I liked it

I hate when everyone already knows a thing before they do it. Stupid lewis and clark...mapping the dang US before settlers came.

17. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

That sounds like early access, not Quality Assurance. At least above someone mentioned doing their job and reporting they could not find the bears. Just fell on deaf ears.

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you everyone for the feedback on how we can improve our process. As I stated in the OP we did receive the feedback that they were not present and we entered a bug about it and we ran an automated test which came back positive. The issue was not us "not listening" as some of you have stated. It was just a fail case on how we were verifying implementation. It was also a case of prioritization or as we call it triage. There were higher priority issues that needed fixing (crashes, lockups, etc.) and when the automated test came back positive we moved on to those other issues.

We appreciated all the testing and feedback all of you provide and we do definitely listen!

I am closing this thread now. Again thank you for understanding how challenging it is for our small team to get so much done in short amounts of time. And please continue to be patient as we make priority calls on issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.