Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Upper Tears is a lot of fun

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Tila Tenderfoot, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Light armor archers work well in a group setting there - we usually have an archer perched up on a rock to take care of stray mobs. I know some archers who soloed Upper Tears in light armor and used magic to supplement the bow.
    Also, death mages cannot do this scene. Don’t think there is any ‘bias’ involved.
    @golruul

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. golruul

golruul Avatar

The bias I'm referring to is the melee skeletons that negate ranged (both archer and magic) combat by zerging. If we're forced into melee combat, why not go heavy armor + melee then? I don't see any benefit of light armor + ranged here.

Groups will do well regardless of their builds (obviously excluding death mages). I'm interested in solo feasibility. It's feasible when I'm using heavy armor + melee, but not so when I try light armor ranged builds. Anyone have a SOLO video of light armor + ranged (archer or mage) that they'd be willing to post so I can learn from it? I must be missing something, as I regard heavy armor + melee vastly superior in this situation.

3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

It is too bad you can not adapt to the scene.
    It is a lot of fun.

The problem with soloing it is with inflexibility not with the scene.
    During 2x XP I personally witnessed it being soloed by my friend.
    He is pure mage and wears full cloth.
    He uses fire and moon with lots of healing.
    I was with him to get some experience. He requested I just watch and learn.
    I stood to the side and just watched.
    He had no issues soloing the scene.
    (I'm level 65 so would not be much help anyway)

Perhaps you just need to adapt to the scene instead of wanting it to adapt to your style.
    I must admit it seems challenging and would be impossible for me at my level. The fact that I don't know how to fight those stuns does not mean it is bad, it just means I need to get better.

Vaiden Luro, MFWalter and Jaesun like this.
  4. golruul

golruul Avatar

I already mentioned I can handle it fine in heavy armor with blades.

I would like to use other methods, though. For me it seems heavy armor + melee is the answer to all my combat issues. This means either combat isn't roughly balanced between archtypes or I'm not doing it right. It's higher probability that I'm not playing the other styles correctly so I explicitly asked for help with ranged (archer or mage) and asked for videos from people so I can find out what I'm doing wrong.

And your response is "learn to play noob"? What a absolute garbage response. Why do you even bother posting this garbage.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wish I knew the answer to that, too.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  6. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

You said you did not think it was able to be done without heavy armor.
    I gave an example that it could be done and I witnessed it being done.
    My friend does not stream so I can't show you how he does it.
    If you are/were interested in the method we can discuss this in p.m.
    (mostly he keeps moving, has very high levels of fire / moon uses a wand. He uses AOE skills and then attacks any survivors with immolation and fire skills)

My point was that it is possible but requires techniques different from banging away with a tank.

If this offended you, I did not intend that.
    I'm here to have fun not cause more drama.
    I'm apologize.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Def stance, death shield, evasion, dodge, fortify def, douse and celestial blessing. Now, I dont know if ice field would be enough to slow them down so you could kite them or not, but maybe you can try that.

Lesni likes this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272306170

9. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Upper Tears is a great addition to this game.
    I hope there are more of these scenes that become available sooner rather than later.

• Profitable loot & promotes ongoing need to repair and replace/upgrade equipment & the need for commodities> both supplied by other players & Port (loot sink- which is needed for balance)
    • Encourages *group play & meeting new people > That we would probably otherwise never meet.
    • Grouping helps lower level players gain XP & improve their skills in a Social Setting > AND Apprenticing to (Grand) Masters is awesome!
    BUT ......
    *group play > can be a bit hit & miss at times...
    I have played with some amazingly, good friendly people, for which I am grateful to have met & grouped with.

> but then on the flip-side I have met too many freeloading AFK'ers who milk the group for easy XP, whilst contributing nothing in return :(
    ^^^^^ I refer to the obvious repeat offenders as we ALL have to go AFK at times.
    • I would love it if we could hover over the LFG Leader & see a list of who is in the group before we decide to join the group. After awhile we get to know the good from the bad.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Tears in successful in PUG when you have one main person pull each spawn from the middle (so they all pull) to the back of the AOE piled up at the front spawn point by the rocks. You drop the mobs in seconds if you have some good people with 5/6 stacks of meteor or ring of fire. I do it pretty easy with chain and bow, drop some defense buffs and heal out of them (1200 in life). If you dont do this, they either completely scatter or dont fully pull (like the spawn up the hill towards the entrance) which slows down the group significantly.

Unfortunately, most the PUG groups recently are clearly people with their extremely low level alts (some crafting GM's) just sucking the XP. Or people who just sit around the back probably just tab targeting on occasion while they are doing something else on their computer.... ah PUG's. It would be really nice to be able to put some kind of limits on who can join a party. I've actually been in groups so disconnected that I'll back off pulling to the center, hang out in the back for a round and watch the mobs run up and kill the people sitting there doing nothing (since Im obviously pulling the load). In fact you gotta do it on occasion to wake some people up.

Tears runs:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273950126

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272792038

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.