Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Use Based Concern/Question

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

So I think I've reached a point where my experience points are all tapped out. I can't tell if that's the case, but it feels like I've hit a wall when it comes to leveling up.

So here's my question. If the only way to fill that experience gap is to craft, quest, or kill things, doesn't that give an unfair advantage to skills that craft or kill things?

Spells and Skills like this:
    Reveal Hidden
    Enlightenment
    Vanish
    Shadow Form
    Night Step
    All the Summoning Spells

None of these things regenerate experience no their own. Wheres as if you're using blades for example you're killing and adding to your experience pool, right?

Maybe I just don't understand how it works yet. Please advise.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

You have to think of killing things as a way to fill you experience pool. If I want to raise vanish, I set all my combat abilities to locked except for vanish. So as my xp pool grows as I kill things. Every time I use vanish, it will raise that skills level at a relatively faster pace because that is the only skill I have set to gain.

The plan I am testing this release, is I worked out a build on paper. So I calculated which skills I needed to work to the minimum requirement to open the skills that I consider primary in the deck I am trying to build. Once I got to the minimum, I set that ability to not gain. For me it was overwhelming to just decide on the fly, I need to come up with my build ahead of time and focus on raising about 3 to 4 skills at a time while locking others.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good explanation, JSchoice.

jschoice likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That makes sense. So if I use blades but only have vanish, for example, set up to gain points...that's how I get around the default bias.

5. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

Even disabling skills is unnecessary. If you use blades to kill a monster, that experience won't be used on blades until your next fight. So you can cast Vanish in between. I think the intention is for you to not think about experience at all.

6. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Yes this is true, but I am still finding. If I limit the amount of skills I have set to rise to 2 or 3, those skills raise faster then if I have multiple skills set to rise. For example, if my XP pool has a 1000 points saved up and 12 skills set to increase. That 1000 point pool goes is spread out amount those 12 skills if I am using thing them to fight mobs. Now if I take that same 1000 points and set 2 skills to increase, whenever I use those two skills I will see more of an increase over time because I am funneling my xp pool into 2 skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.