Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Using "Adventuring" Skills outside "Combat"

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Greyhaven, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Greetings All

I like the introduction of skill trees and what seems like a large number of different skills to unlock. This game is definitely heading in the right direction. There are few things as satisfying as crafting your own (rather large) shield and then wandering around in the wilderness hitting giant spiders in the face with it!

[​IMG]

"Adventuring" skills I chose would only go onto the "Combat" shortcut bar - i.e. only work in combat, with a target selected. Perfectly logical for most but there are some skills which would be beneficial to be able to use outside of combat, at any time. I am thinking about:

- All healing and "curing" skills.
    - Regeneration skills.
    - Buffs and enhancements.

Sometimes the environment can do you damage (like drips in Kingsport Sewers) and you would like to heal yourself. At the moment, as I was not in combat, (or had a target selected), clicking on the heal skills did nothing, and that seems a little strange. Perhaps I need to be able to "select myself", then press heal?

In most other MMO games you can use skills at any time. In SOA, clicking on a skill bar and having nothing happen was weird.

Frang Shepard, monxter and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.