Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Utility Bar: Greatness!

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Attaching them restricts UI customisation, I guess its good for some, but a detach or hide in combat option would allow some to move it above or to the side of the existing bar; I still feel strongly that a consumables bar needs to be added as I will not even use the limited non-combat bar as a replacement to this idea.

I would love to see a screenshot compilation of peoples current non-combat bars on the live server - this would indicate how important it is for a new bar to be created for consumables.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I like the new bar, but would really like to be able to detach and move it.

3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Side and bottom is ok, but top and bottom is ugly imo, expecially for clickers.
    I am not an clicker, but still :p

I play MMOs since over two decades too btw...
    I am an programmer as well, again since over two decades and have done indie stuff + GUI design, web here and there, all the funky stuff as well, but mainly i am an software developer. But that's not really the point :p

I agree however with the "eye distraction" thing you mentioned. But that's mainly because you have to stack glyphs all the time, which is quite annoying, even as an non clicker.

Ofc. if we would be able to detach and move the bars everyone could just place the bars whereever he wants. I wouldn't mind that at all ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Peabo and Chrystoph Reis like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

100%

Chatele likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I love the fact that there is now a utility bar in combat that we can use for potions and a few spells... but I hate that it uses the non-combat glyph bar for it. I would much rather have a completely separate utility bar that doesn't use our non-combat bar.

I use the non-combat bar mostly for speed buffs/blink/recalls/teleports, etc. because it makes life simpler to get where I want to go when out of combat. But, most if not all of those glyphs are not usable in-combat when it switches over to the "utility bar".

Now that I think of it, we should be able to have a custom utility bar for each of our combat decks and have them load up whenever we switch decks. That way, we can have them set to cater whatever build style we are trying to use. For instance, a tank role might want to load up more heal and resist potions and maybe smelling salts or haste pots where a healer or mage role might want to have more focus potions, rez spell, etc. My point is, depending on how we setup our combat deck we may need a different utility bar setup... so we should be able to do that in the deck building ui.

Alley Oop, Brass Knuckles and Peabo like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Would be nice if we had an option to detach it, and move it where ever we wished, up, down, left sideways, right sideways.and resize it to be smaller etc

CrazyPhil and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

I'm mostly stoked for r39... I like the bar changes! +1 devs!

Barugon likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

agreed. there is nothing on my noncombat bar that is useable in combat and nothing i want to take off my noncombat bar. right now, this is just extra noise on my screen i don't need.

Peabo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.