Vanguard Decoration Contest R24 / R25

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Jatvardur, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Decoration Contest

Vanguard Decoration Contest - R24 / R25

Vanguard is hosting a decoration contest. To enter you must place a lot in Vanguard and decorate it as best as you can. If you don't have a lot / house then you can borrow one for the duration of the contest (see below). If you already have a lot / house then feel free to drop by and take an empty lot. If you don't see a free lot that you like then you can request for me to put down a marker and I will do my best to accommodate.

This contest lasts for the whole duration of R24 and R25. Judging will happen in the last week of R25. I'm assuming that the wipe comes at the end of R25.

It doesn't matter what size of lot you use, nor for how much you spend. It only matters how it looks in the end. There won't be a penalty for starting late, but obviously you will have less time to perfect your design.

There will be prizes too in the form of add-on store credit:
    • 1st -- $30
    • 2nd -- $20
    • 3rd -- $10

Heads up:
    If Edward Newgate posts a decoration contest event in either the R24 or R25 event forums then it is worth entering those too.

To enter:
    Post your name below and then edit the post with the coordinates once you know them (use /loc in game, I believe it copies the details to your computer's clipboard: ctrl+v should paste them into the post).

If you want to take part but don't see a suitable lot then post your interest in this thread and we can try to meet up in game to sort it out.

Home Ownership - Want to test home ownership?
    If you don't own a house but want to try it out, or if you fancy trying out a larger house then read on.

We have a few lots in Vanguards which have been claimed but don't have anyone in residence. We would be happy to put someone on to the Trustee list. You don't have to take part in the above competition, but you might as well. :)

We have:
    • 1 Row lot.
    • 4 few village lots.
    • 1 city lot.
    • 3 keep lots (or smaller).

Some of the lots are already placed with houses, while some are not. So it may require some a little coordination. We won't give out the actual deeds but rather add you as a trustee.

First come, first served.

Post below, send me a message on here, or whisper me in game.

Spoon, Mata, amaasing and 5 others like this.
  2. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

What a great idea. I have just taken the following location - Area: Vanguard (POT_island_metropolis_01_template) Loc: (220.9, 89.0, 253.0) and will start decorating for the contest immediately. This is going to be fun!

Jatvardur likes this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

4. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Didn't know when the judging would take place - but wanted you to know my place is decorated and ready.

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

David is looking into this right now. It hasn't been the smoothest month or two since Blake departed. Apologies for the lack of communication here. Hopefully David can post soon with a the list of names.

We will run the deco contest again, and make a new thread respectively.

amaasing likes this.
  6. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

No need to apologize. I will definitely be looking out for the next deco contest. Thanks for taking the time to do these events.