Vauban Pass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duncan O. McDermott, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

Wandering around today I find Vauban pass. I was on my way to the Graff mines and do not remember having to go through this pass before to get there. Is this a new control point in a recent release? Everything was either Red or yellow to me and I ran into a lot of them. Doesn't look like I will be mining up here anytime soon.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This was the last pass the dev team needed to implement.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can just go naked and run pass the place. Even if you die, there should be an ankh at each entrance, just don't go into the control point area.

Also, just FYI, Graff mine no longer has silver deposit as it becomes copper-rich mine last release. You will have to go Elysium mine for that instead.

4. Duncan O. McDermott

The problem for me was I couldn't seem to follow the trail to the other end. I did die for sure, Big Bears and wolves must not have eaten for days until they saw me.
    Oh Great, Is the Elysium mine harder than Graff was to clear for a lower level? You saved me planning to get to Graff. Silver is what I was aiming for, to use for collars.

Moiseyev Trueden and Leelu like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This video should give you some hint on how to get pass Vauban Pass.

Elysium mine can be access via Twin Foothills, which is nearby Port Phoenix. The mobs are relatively at elder wolf levels. Also, note that all underground mine mobs now respawn, so you may have to train up a bit to fight off the kobolds.

For silver, I heard some reports that Vertas pass has silver nodes along the mountain.

6. Duncan O. McDermott

In the pass the mobs were red and yellow to me a level 29. I won't get trained up enough before the next wipe to go there yet. Great information knowing what levels to expect in a given area.
    The pass almost looks like you travel in a loop ending up where you started. Is that what you did?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Just follow the path that is in front of you. If you follow the path to the left, you'll never get there. The path in front of you goes out and loops around some rocks where the gate is. But they are two different exits.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I've only been through there twice, but when I went through the control point gate as in the video, I ended up back on the south side of the pass. To get through to the north, don't go through the gate at the control point. Instead, when you get to the gate, follow the path to the right to the northern exit.

9. Duncan O. McDermott

I knew you would keep me on the right path. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.