Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vault pricing

Discussion in 'Release 65 QA Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The items in The Vault will generally be more expensive than equivalent items currently in the store.

Why are they being priced against "equivalent items currently in the store?" Shouldn't they be being priced against the item they are devaluing?

Shouldn't the price be based off the rare price rather than "more expensive than a common item", which is what this wording implies?

Do the Devs have any notion of the value of current Rares and are pricing them accordingly or is this about to be another big devaluation?

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i agree in principle.

however, i don't believe portalarium should be making decisions based on the after-market. Values or otherwise.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The release notes indicate they are deciding based on "here's what a hat normally costs, mark it up a bit".

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Which is shooting themselves in the foot as well. "Lets take over the rare market, but base the prices on normal stuff" kind of defeats the purpose of taking over the rare market.

By Tor likes this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I've been burned many times with deeds, crafting tables and vendors and probably what hurt the most was the 1600$ upgrade from Town to City in each bundle type to get the rarest pet in the game which they then sold the City-tier items for under 10 bucks. \

But I never expected to be burned with expired items. My greatest joy was building the museum and collecting rare items. And releasing all those items back into the game, potentially at less than I paid for them, or WAY less than I paid for them completely erodes my confidence in buying rare items.

I wait to see how the vault is implemented, but undercutting the player market on bundles/deeds/vendors or adjusting values downwards was fine. Selling items based on rarity and frequently touting how they support the second hand rares market and how important it is (was) and then destroying the collectors market by releasing all the items again is very different. Extremely different. I don't see how this is legitimate or real, really it pretty much burns all the players who have spent the most on the game. I bought pretty much every item, from Portalarium, that they ever released as a collector for the museum, I even bought extras so I could trade them for rares from others that were not released in the store.

This is a very frustrating development, I am very frustrated. I hope they reconsider the vault. In the past when they started re-releasing the same items with a new skin or colour it was one thing, now they're just releasing the items again. Why did I bother?

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I feel for you and the museum @Lord Andernut . Every post I made was with you in mind, I've actually only got a few real collectibles that will be ruined by this. But you've put a ton of time, money and effort into the museum, and I kind of expected you to just explode with this. You're a gentleman for keeping your cool.

K1000 and that_shawn_guy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.