Vendor Permissions Question

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Celthon, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Not sure if this section is Ok for this question, or the POT section, as it pertains to both POT's and NPC's (Vendor)?

I have a POT and would like to make my Commission-free Vendor available for the residents of the town to use, to sell things...but on the permissions pop-up window I see only the options for "Kindred, Trustee, Co-owner".

Is there a way to allow the residents of the town to place items for sale on the Vendor, but not non-residents?

I've not purchased one yet to try, but are the Permissions on the Vendor that can be purchased in-game any different?

Edit: My Vendor is currently on my Tax-Free Village lot in the PRT of Endurance, while I wait for the POT to be placed in-game next Release. Since the Vendor is not in my POT, would that affect the permission options I see currently when I open the Permissions Options windows? When I move the Vendor to a lot in my POT will the Permission options change?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Acred and Time Lord like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I haven't tested in R32 yet with Vendor, but I've tested the chests and those works (almost) as advertised.

But yes. (With some caveats since I don't fully like the implementation yet).

You need to set the lot itself as Chapter House, this gives all guildies Kindred rights and all officers Trustee rights.
    Then when placing the vendor you right click and set the "item permission" on the vendor to Co-Owner. But the Place on Vendor to Kindred.
    Be sure to test it first though, these things are shaky and a bit scary to do without having someone right there testing before making such announcements.

The problem here though is that those Officers that get Trustee rights, can add Kindred if they so please. Which means that Officers could potentially add folks to the lot that are not in the guild.
    Another issue is that giving all guildies Kindred rights, lets them add decorations and move such added decorations around - thus potentially hurting your item limit if you are not careful.

Now all decoration you place you can set as Co-Owner so that they cannot actually move anything you have placed but it is annoying nonetheless.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.