1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69497] Removing Kobold weather machine does not reset weather

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by simon1974, Jul 26, 2021.

1. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

07/26/2021 16:35
    Title: Kobold weather machine
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Installing the machine while it is raining, will disperse the clouds and rain. But removing it will not set back the weather to its original setting. i have to zone out and back in to see the changes.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (16) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1424.Date.07.20.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Rajazel
    Area Display Name: Rajazel
    Loc: (119.2, 38.0, 77.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSYWphemVsfCgxMTkuMiwgMzguMDMxLCA3Ny40NjIpfCgwLCAtMC4wMjYsIDAsIDEpfC0zNS4xNTI1MnwtMTIuMjkyOTZ8MTAuNjY4NjE=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified on QA1223. i loaded a scene with a clear machine already in it. the weather happened to actually be clear at the time. i picked up the machine and waited, and at the next 15-minute weather change, it changed to heavy clouds but the sky is still visibly clear.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Un-Tech-Educated Comment:

I'm going to leave these comments here because of my own ongoing tests and what has been needed with those;

Did you verify through another player that same observation of the same event?
    Were they too not seeing the rain as they entered the POT after you removed the machine?
    Did it stop raining caused by normal weather comings and goings while you had the weather machine placed?
    As in Alley Oop's observation , there could be lingering effect on Alley Oop, while a different player entering into that POT instance would not see the same lingering effect. Circumstantial to the individual till exit and not the scene.

This may be being seen by the individual player, while others where were not there when or during the machine effecting the instance. Such observers could be seeing something different, which is similar to the effects of the Time Machines (if either of you have seen those). One could be sort of telling on the other, weather compared with time machines.

I just wanted to state that I have had conflicting reports in what other players have seen.

It may be helpful for multiple players to witness the same test, all from differing vantage points within all the elements surrounding the individual test.

I do not think individual player testing or observations are empirical or definitive in all that possibly could be seen within the same event.

There's my less tech qualified two cents about observations surrounding these and similar machines.

Sorry to interupt if that's not in any way helpful, being such a layman as I am and likely to remain.

I do thank all ye' bug hunters in helping me through all my little day to day problems, "sincerely!"

The weather machine cancels the flashing effects that sometimes are seen in using the noon time machine, even after leaving the POT or other instances... thus far...
    ~TL~:)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 69497

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  6. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

i removed my kobold weather machine(clear) and weather came back to what its supposed to be. did it numerous time and all looks fine.

Alley Oop likes this.