Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verify Avatar Level, View Paperdoll & Backpack Contents

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Bambino, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

By being able to verify an avatars Adventure/Production Level, View another avatars Paperdoll &/or Backpack Contents, I believe it will allow for much more reliable test data & give a huge edge to player run events.

At the very least, we should be able to verify another avatars Adventure level for Release 16 :)

Being pre-alpha, none of this would have to currently be done against a players will. This should probably be done by consent. Avatars will prompt each other just as we do duels & trades.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree with this. there should be some kind of snooping skill. I don't know about R16 but I do think it should be in place before launch.

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. For pre release I agree it would be helpful. I think for after release, a reputation system would be better. like a level 75 that hasnt been slain in a month with many kills walks into a tavern and above his head it says, "Bambino, the Undefeated Destroyer of Legions" you know not to draw your sword. The NPCs make a dash for the door.

4. Net

Net Avatar

There are some issues with reputation, especially when it is computed in different situations...

I think that it would be really nice to have ELO rating system or something similar. At least for duels and 'official' tournaments. I think there are some issues with rating the open PvP. receiving low score for getting repeatedly kiled at spawn point could be quite common issue.

Destroying Angel likes this.
  5. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

I feel like I should have to use a skill on another avatar to learn information that could give me any sort of tactical advantage. Even something small like their level.

Destroying Angel likes this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I like not being able to see people's levels. When it comes to PvP especially. If someone doesn't mind you viewing their information like level and gives you permission to see though, I don't see a problem with that. Me personally though I despised it in WoW. People always inspecting others gear and level to judge if they're suitable to go hunting with them. I'd much rather get to know others and adventure and PvP with them based on who they are and their skill than what number in levels they are and what shiny weapon they're using.

Destroying Angel and steanne like this.
  7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I think what the OP is talking about is a desire to inspect players before a tournament to make it fair. Like only having 5 heal pots, 50 mandrake, 50 ginsing.........and so and so forth. Making sure everything is even going into a tourney. The skill level would be able to match up people with similar skill levels.

Bambino, Net and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ahh

Net and Ravicus (Sawtooth Hollow like this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

In general I am very anti with regards to loads of information being given out on other players

I see no harm in being able to set duels within a range of players levels within an arena mechanic. I also see no harm in a player being able to open another paperdoll to see 'surface' items (without detail descriptions).

A player should not be able to look in another players pack......that should be reserved for future episodes with stealing.
    A player should never be able to see another players level.
    A player should never be able to see another players skill tree or deck.
    A player should not be able to see another players focus bar (@devs, please please remove it).

Mastese likes this.
  10. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I didn't gather that from the OP but good point! I would enter more tourneys if i could be matched up in a level range. I like that incremental soft caps at the 10s, that helps to even it out (ie matching a level 55 to a 59 could still be considered a fair fight), but i am done entering into duels on honor system preconditions. Who wants to deal with death sickness and equipment durability loss for a 30 second fight that no matter your prowess, you are certain to loose.

Net and Ravicus (Sawtooth Hollow like this.
  11. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

You don't think we should have some sort of anatomy skill which would give at least some extra hints as to another player's capabilities?

I myself would welcome it. Nothing that would give exact numerical values of course, but still.

12. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Fully agree. A semblance of confidentiality helps to legitimize both social as well as PvP aspects of the game. These are more important than insurance of "fair play" in any entertainment based tournaments to me.

13. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

This is exactly what I am referring to. Also, when testing skills against other players, I'd like to ask for their level. If they choose to let me see, then I should. Getting factual information will be a lot easier given this functionality.

For example, someone asked you to duel but they are level 90 yet they say they are 70. You know there is something not right, so you ask to see his level. He says no, you now know the guy isn't in it to tell the truth, test skills or to give a fair fight. Or, it could be that you don't believe he is what he says he is, so you ask and he surprises you with what he actually said.

I agree with most of this, but what if all this is done by consent?

What if a player wanted to show what was in their backpack? Doesn't have to be a snoop.
    What if they wanted to show my their level rather than tell me?

The focus bar definitely should not be visible to an opponent, but it should be visible to partied members.

Information requested from other players will by no means alter the subliminal feeling that the Ultima series is notorious for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.