Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vertas Pass: Am I losing my mind?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Bluefire, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

This used to be a go between from Longfall to Verdantis, didn't it?

Last night no matter how much I tried to find a SouthWest exit I ended up on a road to Braeside Castle->Jannaford. No easy feat considering how weak my toon is right now. 128 health.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm going to have to go through MidMaer and south then west all the way to hopefully find a boat to Longfall now?

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

No, Vertas Pass has always been a control point between the "Verdantis" and "South Paladis" regions.

If you are in Verdantis region and want to travel to the Longfall region, simply go south over the bridge next to Blood River.

There is a fabulous map over here, if you are lost : http://sotamap.com/

----

As an aside : The control point next to Highvale is currently unimplemented, and you can walk right through it, avoiding Vertas Pass entirely. :)

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  3. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Realistically, how is it that to get far west or far east of novia you have to go through life threatening passes? How would every major road lead to a death defying pass? How would the world economy stand for that? Wouldn't these roads be heavily guarded?

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

They could be guarded by guilds some time in the future.

5. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This is probably more common than you'd think. Most towns would be generally self-sufficient with small exceptions (like Anton of Kingsport's shipments) that could probably defend themselves like we can. If you think of Lord of the Rings or World of Warcraft, these are similar world setups. In game terms, it's supposed to be a trek getting from one major city to another.

6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Thanks! That map is MUCH better than the officially provided map for POTs. That one clearly shows the road going from Forsaken Vale/Verdantis to Longfall.

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.