very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm talking about a max stack charge attack with no crit, you are talking about a 6 stack skill that crits? Way to compare a toy car vs a Ferrari...

As for your damage output being halved, EVERYONE physical felt it, not just archers. This was once again a bug fix related to their mistakes, not an attack directed at archers. Ohh and by the way Chris says many things, doesn't mean he will get to it. I recall him talking about a pass to the Chaos tree and adding spells, yet over a year later it is still simply something he talks about from time to time.

You are simply acting like the only(ish) victim of a global change, and comparing ants to dinosaurs. Archers were broken, they are now strong, and that is that.

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I honestly never seen a melee doing 1000 with charged attacks!

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And did any melee outdps using charged attack vs using skills? HELL NO, it was not even remotely close.

Sara Dreygon, FrostII and Dhanas like this.
  4. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Charged attacks, maybe not, skills, always and forever, and still. Now, Archers can do neither. Sounds fair right, I mean SotA math afterall . . ..

Sometimes yes, and besides, skills for archers have ALWAYS been bad with one exception when rapid fire was giving too many arrows. Charged shot is all we had, and you had to have a VERY specific build to pull it off, It ALL got wrecked.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Fenrus MacRath and StarLord like this.
  5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

The honest truth is that the only thing that made archer overpowered was the fact that you could hit almost as much for a 1 charge as a full charge. That, with high dex and high attack speed could let you really put out some damage in a hurry, with a high crit chance and LOTS of crit damage increase from skills and items. The very last thing chris did by changing charged shot could have fixed all of that without nerfing an entire class that, I remind you, was actually bringing fun and excitement (something desperately needed) into this game. As the primary (or one of) originator of the build, I could have told chris in 3 minutes how to fix it, but people don't like me for some reason, not sure why.

Instead, he killed our crit chance, then our crit damage high end cap, then our damage, then killed air shield, then killed charged shot and nerfed damage a little more and beefed up all the mobs, and don't forget the still coming aimed shot nerf, because . . well, yeah why not, we've come this far . . . .

So he severely cut the archer's DPS, and since most archers are glass cannons by using berserker's stance, taking air shield eliminates 75% of that build's defense, yeah, I know 'kiting', but you can't kite everything, especially in pvp with gap closers and stuns. But specific people in the very very sparse pvp world cried and cried and of course, since chris admittedly knows next to nothing about how the game actually works at the high end (or any end it seems), the end result is that an entire class gets destroyed and customers get mad.

So ya'll can attack me all you want for voicing my displeasure as a customer, I don't really care, but the fact that archers got it hard is not debatable. The fact that, again choices are made that upset a dwindling customer base is not debatable. The fact that after 6 years and this is where we are and it's pathetic is not debatable.

What you won't do though, is attack me in game, because for the indefinite future, I won't be there.

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Grumpy, all of your points are debatable. It's just that no one cares what you think, so there is no need to debate you. :D

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Unless I'm missing something, melee free attack is pretty bad and doesn't do anywhere near as much damage as glyphs. I haven't used it in forever, so I made one of the harder hitting 2h weapons just now, meteoric 2h hammer with savage handle, added all general mw/enc, 2x + weapon damage, 2x +str, and dex. With 420+ str, 148 bludgeon skill, and 6x stacked berserk, I did very little damage.

Glyphs are obviously another thing, but people are overly obsessed with max hits. It means nothing by itself in PvE. I think a better way to compare two things is by how fast they can gain xp, most rewarding things they can kill, highest sustainable damage, etc. Big hit don't mean anything but for Rinaldi thread and maybe PvP.

Sara Dreygon and Dhanas like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

NO never, never has charge attack for any melee ever come close to the dps of its skills. Very specific build? You needed 3 passives and less defenses then any melee. It was the easiest build to make as it required a fraction of the exp of other builds as you know, they needed to have skills cuz charged attack is crap for melee.

9. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Sorry mac, you are not correct on the build, I have 1.5 billion, almost all in the specific skills I use, and there are quite a few. As for defense, lets see, with berserkers stance and ring of the gambler, my damage resist was usually a negative number, and damage avoidance around 10, not to mention the -50% crit damage reduction (oh hits I take from others) from the ring, with leather armor. I used dodge extensively, with air shield, AND healing on top of that. You really don't know what you are talking about Mac.

melee can do 2k+crits with skills, not with charged attack, archer NEVER could with skills, and now can't with either, can't even do 1k, so . . . whatever.

10. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Actually Mac, i'll give you the list:

Ranged combat 151
    Rapid fire 150
    Aimed shot 140
    eagle eye 131
    range 108
    draw strength 126
    blinding shot 121
    disabling shot 100
    dodge 127
    swiftness 120
    acrobatics 100
    sun worship 100
    sun eater 100
    bulwark of earth 104
    ice field 100
    gust 131
    discharge 116
    air's embrace 134
    dash 120
    rapid discharge 102
    well grounded 100
    lightning 119
    air shield 140
    teleport 100
    air spec 115
    chain lightning 105
    moon worship 100
    moon eater 100
    train dex 120
    armor weak points 114
    back stab 100
    poison weapon 100
    healthy 106
    train str 120
    parry 105
    berserkers 145
    tactics spec 116

and those are just the ones that are critical to the build, 3 passives and less defense? stfu dude

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If you think even remotely that the nerf is due to pvp you just have not understood anything, there were people killing dragons with a dozen of 2-3 stacks charged attacks.
    If the archers used the active skills instead of basing their character on 4 passive skills:

[​IMG]

Count how much damage that rapid fire has done then take a melee and try to get even close. ;)

Also i would love to see a melee doing these damage from 30+ yards while kiting ^^

At this point i even expect complaints when they fix gust which currently drags people around the map without the target being even close to the caster, i bet some will call it a nerf and threaten to remove the subscription.

12. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I wonder if the training dummy got the new damage resistance buff...

:ponder:

13. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

All those high level skills and you still suck? Or do you just have a really high crying skill? If you can't kill stuff with skills that high...jeez!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sorry but I do know what I am talking about and I even have proof of it. This is what you can do with 125 mil exp with the old charged shot archer, and I did not even focus into that build, there is much less then 125 mil into doing this, and the gears is not even great gear or nothing, and with a stock envy bow. All my gear and skills are shown in the video.

Now dont try and start the personal attacks against me trying to discredit me by saying I dont know what I am talking about, lets try and be civilized here and see if we can have an honest discussion here. Stay on topic, the ideas are what is on trail here, not us.

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And I dont know how you can use that ring, I cant stand putting fireflies on myself to let any physical damage that crits to just **** my health.

Dhanas likes this.
  16. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

The real question this picture poses is: Why the hell do crits do 5 times more damage than hits?!

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Eagle eye, probably envy bow as well, and could be some fireflies on that too. All 3 of those increase crit damage.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Envy bow, Firefly, Tactics specialization, Eagly Eye.

Mac2 likes this.
  19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I doubt, but that's a general change that affects all weapons not just bow :p

Mac2 likes this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OH YA, tactic spec zerker stance.

StarLord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.