very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL, just use some bacon, its my weakness. I cannot afford to go there, I live in canada and I am poor. As well, I dont drink, but I love to party with those who do. Got nothing against drinking, just one of my methods to silence my mind is to focus on my senses, and when I do this with even a light buzz I go on a super roller coaster ride. I used to have a shirt that said, I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I gave up thinking :) .

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Or notice after we are getting new enchants and masterworks, the air shield nerf and the damage res buff come in? Maybe once we are all geared up again, it will balance out? Was there really a damage resistance bug on the mobs, or was this just to get balance without having to redo all the mobs? Conspiracist minds want to know :) .

3. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

With you on that one Mac. It's what i'd have done if i needed large scale balancing.

Fenris

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm pretty much done at this point. I played after the archery nerfs went in, and it sucked, but I was still doing better than I was using a ranged/light armor build, so I wasn't too upset. Hadn't played in a while, but now with the DR "fix" almost all those gains were lost. I can no longer do things that were just really hard before. Bosses that were slightly hard are still doable, but it takes five times longer. I spent a month or so grinding XP, only to have all the gains disappear. And the worst part is, those super crazy guys who barely sweat soloing top content, that the nerfs were aimed at, probably didn't feel much of anything. I don't feel the need to play this game anymore.

Somebody wake me up when the episode 3 content starts coming in.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Just keep your subscription going so there will be a chance of an Ep3. But stop back soon for Ep2 at least

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You are all wishing that HOT AIR actually materializes into something concrete..... ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. This prodution will only get sucked dry. Thanks for all the fish, im outta here

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  7. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I dont think its the nerfing that bothers everyone. For me personnally, its the fact that they dont care about the integrity of the game anymore, making specific people happy is more important...

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Like who ?

Barugon likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The non-pvp crowd.

Dhanas likes this.
  11. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That's basically 3/4 the people who play. :(

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

that tends to show in the metrics like that when you push them away....

Violette Dyonisys and Dhanas like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Making the armor of mobs more effective is making the non-PvP crowd happy?

Jaesun, Mishikal and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I dont know ... i think Chris is not the type to be easily influenced .

Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I wish! I'm definitely the "non-pvp" crowd and let me tell you, I am certainly not happy.

16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

No, not at all. Those changes are purely PVE, air shield is useless in PVP, every who know someone that uses it just puts torpid torment deck on. That was pure PvE meleers complaining about being less dps than SINGLE TARGET PURE DPS ARCHERS... when they werent at all.
    and
    I have no problem with the bug fixes, which many seem to missunderstand. My issue is with the balancing. And also that the 'bugs' happened in the first place. This change to DR doesnt affect spear or blades at all in their dps, they are bleed and puncture mechanics that laugh at this 'nerf/balancing'. Its ultimately a blow to archer across the board, high lvl AND low lvl regardless of how you play, BUT this makes bludgeon archer's best friends.... maybe...
    But i digress...

17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Need to meet these powerful melee players. Thought I crit the highest of melee and I don't hit 2k w/400 str, max damage uber armor, fireflies, super weapons including L152 masterworks, etc., etc. Single stacked, thrusts with all that are around 1150ish high end and d-slashes maybe 670ish (I guess you could crit 3 d-slashes if spec'd and really lucky so that'd be 2k if that's your example). In case you argue it, thrust stacked would be nice... once or twice... if you crit it and didn't mind the increased focus cost and decreased damage for subsequent attacks and no, I have seen others do this as overall DPS would suffer.

If you're using coup as an example then that's hilarious and you really should be saying "melee can do 5k+ crits with one skill if stacked at the end of some boss fights if lucky" as that's more accurate. I routinely overkill many things with coup. I can coup a rabbit but doesn't help me much (rend also sucks against rabbits). Against dragons and many other mobs coup usually hits low due to resistance so spamming thrust and d-slash often does more damage overall and saves a ton of focus. 6-stack coup against some mobs in some instances is fun but coup is rarely in my deck for most fights. OP it is not.

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

You don't know what you're talking about... Where is the video proof!?!?!?

Girlsname likes this.
  19. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Don't worry Sara, Chris to the rescue! The only big bad archers that can hurt you now are just the ones in your dreams. Most intelligent people have moved on to games that are actually fun to play.

20. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Most intelligent people also think the earth is round but there will always be holdouts.

Darek Trond and Pawz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.