Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Very impressed w R3 but want 2D mini map and compass popup

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Steve736, Feb 28, 2014.

?

Want a 2D minimap and compass popup?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2014.
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve736

Steve736 Avatar

I only had time to spend about two hours in R3, and will give some feedback. In general I was very impressed. The patch update process was very slow, 20kb/s, until I figured out that the first patch loads much faster and only subsequent patches slow down. By canceling and restarting the update after each patch I got the updating to complete in about 2 hours. In game I only encountered one bug - my character got stuck in one spot, perhaps due to chat window activity, but after exiting and reconnecting he was OK. I tried to use a chest pickaxe to mine a rock jumble, but maybe resources are not yet gatherable. I tried to jump over the coral fences in town but could not get the jump timing to work. I still very much want a popup 2D mini map and compass to assist navigation. In real world I can navigate based on faraway features, the wind ,weather, clouds and mountains and I know which way is north. The graphics are not yet good enough for this to happen in game. Running around lost in circles with houses and paths and fields that look all alike, and no faraway navigation features is not how I want to spend my precious recreation time.

docdoom77 likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

A stretch goal regarding a minimap was noted on the Kickstarter page, so the devs are indeed considering such. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.