Very slow load times.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Littleoneloot02, Nov 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleoneloot02

Littleoneloot02 Avatar

I didn't find anything about this in the search. I am waiting up to 10 or so minutes before I am logged on each and every time I try to log on to the game. When I go to another zone/scene the same thing happens. Load times are very very slow for me. I am on the live server. I have high speed.

Montaigne and Chiasma like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you using a computer that meets the Minimum System Requirements? https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/minimum-system-requirements.55790/

What CPU and video card are you using and how much RAM do you have?

Also make SURE that you have a SSD hard drive. That will help with the loading times greatly.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Load times are generally CPU and hard drive bound. The biggest change I was able to make was to move Windows and SotA to a SSD, which is much faster than a normal hard drive. (Unfortunately, my SSD crashed so I'm back to a normal drive now...)

You may also check to make sure you have a good amount of free space for a Windows swap file, and are not capping out your CPU or available memory while SotA is running.

To actually troubleshoot, we are going to need to know your computer specs.

4. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I recently replaced to an ISP with 1000MB/s. My standalone client patching speed previously was around 600KB/s and now it goes up around 5MB/s. I got around 30MB/s - 50MB/s while patching other steam game.

I also have SSD hard disk, i5 CPU and 32GB RAM. But I still get a long loading screen and the speed of loading decoration within a large lot is still as slow as before.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.