Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Video Card Upgrade Woes

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Retlaw, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Wasn't sure where to post this, or if it was even needed, but here is my feedback.

I played the game using a Nvidia 660 TI card full screen windowed at 2,560 x 1,440 resolution since R20 with no issues other than a medium FPS rate (high 30's to low 40's).

I just upgraded to an Nvidia 970 card and at the same settings see what I can best describe as page flipping. The avatar stays clear but when you turn fast the background doesn't scroll it redraws in sheets.

Now what is interesting is if I drop the resolution to 1920x1200 it is full 60 frames smooth as butter amazing quality at maximum settings. This is totally what I expected from the hardware upgrade, but at my native resolution.

Best guess is the newer card has support for some feature that is causing the issue, and maybe still needs some optimization. Otherwise, I don't know why a nearly 4 year old video card can do a better job than a much superior model, but there it is.

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

What's probably happening is it's a vsync issue. Our game usually turns it on for you, but when you upgraded your video card, something must have turned it off. You can override it manually. I found some tips for the Nvidia card here:

*Right click Desktop
    *Select/Open "Nvidia Control Panel"
    *Select "Manage 3D Settings" top left
    *Go to "Program Settings" Tab
    *Find Sleeping Dogs on the drop down games list, scroll down and set Vsync to "Off.
    *Apply and you're done.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.