Viola: "Man it's really a hassle, unlock everything, put in bank, take it back, lock everything"

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We are going to go visit some neighbors in another town, a PvP town, and that's what she said when I told her.

Not that it's a huge deal, and not that ransom should be taken away, but that IS a deterrent to some of us going.

Some day maybe a Right Click -> Designate this is "Remove before going to PvP"" or something that rolls of the tongue better, and then a single button to throw all that stuff in a bag.

Then a "take it all and lock it in inventory again" button when done.

Just a thought, it would remove one of the big speed bumps to jumping into

OR!

Multi select "Unlock" right click

Drag to bag

Throw on floor

Done, drag bag back into inventory

Multi select lock all.

That would save a lot of time as well.

2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Need a phonebox like Clark Kent!

Jaesun, Olthadir and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Good ideas but I would prefer it if everyone had a bag in their inventory called "locked items" or something. All your locked items automatically show up in that bag, even if they are equipped (maybe highlight the items that are equipped so you can tell them apart). And allow us to repair anything in the bag.

So if you want to go pvp you just ctrl click the items you don't want to bring with you and move them to a container or the bank.

Then when you return you could grab all those items, move them back into the bag and they would all be locked again.

I'm so sick of seeing like 30-40 locked items at the top of my inventory, this would also solve that issue.

Probably not the easiest thing to implement, but seems like it could be a possibility in the future.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I wish I could pay some sort of convenience Oracle insurance and pay like 500 gold to have all my locked items (or maybe all my items) unlootable for a day. If I was killed the first person to kill me would get 250 gold, the second 125, the third 62...

The ransom mechanic is just terribly inconvenient and if I am to be a part of PvP I have to remove all, because stacks of reagents and artefacts are rather expensive.

I think we need more PvP only items for dedicated PvPers to fight over, not the normal gear and convenience stuff that is taken from poor folks visiting PvP town for an event and being killed or pickpocketed because they forgot to take off their gear.

Not to mention the whole mechanic is utterly unbalanced. Person with no stuff risks nothing. Or bunch of unstacked scraps and arrows. Person who did not remove their gear risks a lot and if they are lower level than attacker they do not really have an upper hand either. There is no reward for risking their stuff other than saving few minutes of their time.

Spexs, Olthadir and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

May be also a good idea if we could connect a chosen bag to a deck.
    So after activating our deck(s) we could drag the PvP Bag into our main bag and remove all other stuff by rightclicking (drag all beside deck connected stuff into bank).

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is the number 1 main thing that keeps me out of pvp zones, ransom; not so much the ransom itself, but the pain in the butt of mitigating it.

It is a complete hassle to go unlock sets of gear ( I carry around 3 sets of gear for different scenarios) I'm not using and bank them, unlock my crafting artifacts and things I keep on me for contingencies, like instruments, cuttlekin ring,ox belt, etc.
    Cull my reagent piles down to tiny. Cull my scrolls, kits, consumables down to what's immediately needed.
    And then when I'm done, go find it all again, put it back in my inventory, and manually re-lock each piece so I don't have an accident with it later.
    Meanwhile if I switch to a deck that has any of this equipment linked I end up half naked which doesn't end well.

And even if I do this, if I do die even if I'm not looted it still unequips/unlocks the item which can lead to accidents later.

I'm not saying remove the pvp carrot. But if you make things too big a pain in the butt, then it is an obstacle to participation. For me, a pvp excursion is framed on both ends by 15 minutes of inventory management and most likely will just result in a net loss of gold, and most likely I will gain nothing for doing it, and most likely it wont even be fun 'cause you either don't find anyone to pvp with or you get steamrolled by the "professionals." What point whatsoever?

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

If you don't get killed, you don't have to worry about ransom :)

John Markus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.