Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Virtue Path independant of Weapon Choice

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Waxillium, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Awh, peace Lum I know you guys are doing your best, I just retain a memory that is legendary, a striving for excellence that populated my fantasies as a kid.

I'm not going to lawyeur you bro... be cool.

I just can't let it go... :'( I want my siege perilous where the multiplayer storyline actually has a timeline that can be clearly alive like in UO circa 1999.

These days I like using the metaphor of Gandalf saving Theoden when nobody else dares take action... well I think the people of Rohan must ride again and they must not fear the shadows of mordor kinda moment... so long ago in 1999-2000 wormtongue came and poisoned the minds of all the kings of britannia... now I'm trying to break the spell and I don't even feel like its a big deal... its just how most things are becoming these days. History repeats itself I guess.

What you are saying now is that people will go in instances like WoW and that the same boss will be killed by dozens upon dozens of groups then will respawn, then people will get bored with it so you add more and continue the story and so on. Bosses and quests become mini games and the achievements are shared and thus the storyline advances in chunks and people upgrade their gear... ok I have to stop I'm going to cry...

It's a sound business model... but its binding the hands of some people that deserve to be recognized for who they really are *bad fit of cough*...

irony when you hold us... its the main game which I'm trying to have someone put their foot down about, once we reach "end mini-games" and the story chunks have passed, will we have people putting live love and lore in the world of britannia or will portalarium try to develop a new title ?

I guess thats the REAL question it comes up to now. Am I making myself at home in new britannia (and investing more) or is it just something ephemeral like a single player Ultima with MMO *features* ? (figure of speech and no pun intended I'm sure the story will be amazing)

Chatele likes this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yea I want to be an Archer, so I want a bow from the start as well, not a sword a BOW..... with the skills to use it ....

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Maybe its true that I'm masochistic because literally noone understands me, none of my friends want to play this game and I'm hanging on a thread of hope...

All those who manifested any interest in my views have left this community insulted and or completely discouraged. I really miss them so much and most I haven't even had the chance to get to know properly...

We'll have this nice flexible system and the most simple, most dragonlance and most ultima online fan wish is something IMPOSSIBLE.

I hate this freakin useless word. But yea... turn the page Ahu... lessons of the past belong in the past...

It seems this companion isn't useful anymore, I'm reluctantly moving on... perhaps to star citizen or something more tangible. Thanks for the experiences and the warm welcome in game... I'll probably drop in now and then to say hello, there is no way I'm cancelling or selling my pledge as it's 100% for RG, my liege and my hero in so many ways, as a thanks for UO ; you've changed my life in all the ways you hoped you could affect one of your fans.

Thanks @DarkStarr as well and all my admiration for not hating me so much and being so honest, sorry for all the trouble I could cause but I had to try to see if Xorinite knowledge was resonating with this community, they after all saved my life and I'm merely fulfilling my promise to them.

As they said ; maybe have no interest ? so be it... Xorinite don't burden themselves with trivialities they only remain to guage the gratitude of their intervention, because there will be a party down the line.

peace yall :) I know not many will read this goodbye letter but hey at least for the record.

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

*eye*
    ah, he'll be back. see ya then, mate! hope the game is more to your liking at that time.

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Finally someone that has some sense of humor :)

Warms my heart, but I'm truely useless here anymore :)

Our minds, our bodies, our feelings They change, they alter, they leave us Somehow, no matter what happens I'm here The time, the season, the weather The song, the music, the rhythm It seems, no matter what happens I'm here Daylight seems bright because of night It's shade we need So we can see Our love, our beauty, our genius Our work, our triumph, our glory Won't worry what happened before me I'm here Our minds, our bodies, our feelings They change, they alter, they leave us Somehow, no matter what happens I'm here The time, the season, the weather, The song, the music, the rhythm, It seems, no matter what happens I'm here Daylight seems bright because of night The change we need So we can see Our love, our beauty, our genius Our work, our triumph, our glory Won't worry what happened before me I'm here :)

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

My pledge just got upgraded to mega-uber guilt pledge.

I'm so pathetic :) pls don't refrain from laughing.... beee my guest :)

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  7. Zap

Zap Avatar

@Lum

Since this seems like the right place to ask: is there at all a chance that there may be an "anti-virtue" introduction or set of introductions in the future or is that a very firm no?

Also, would there ever be a possibility for a skill-less entry introduction? From my lack of expertise as a developer, such as yourself, and as a casual gamer, it sounds really interesting to have a "no virtue chosen" route that instead spits you out with a few hundred extra gold to visit a trainer when you leave the introduction sequence. It would then be the player's responsibility to choose their quest path later or be relegated to not being eligible for any of the quest paths (or maybe a unique "virtueless" path with consequences and benefits ala anti-virtue statuses).

Thank you for your efforts! I love the game!

Spoon and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    *my ears just perked up!*

Zap likes this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

sounds to me that would be embracing chaos, in a very big way... granted you can still follow the virtues and follow chaos, but that path is juust less chaotic than it seems.

remember without chaos, there can be no virtue.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Daylight seems bright, because of night *sings*

The cold blue eternal flame of the mages, in the palm of my hand...

11. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I've decided I could care less what path the Oracle puts me on. If it's going to be so generic anyway I'll just end up configuring my starting skills the way I want. Sure I'm at a very slight disadvantage to start, and sure I would rather have a more in-depth questioning system but that's how the cookie crumbles and we all have different visions. And as far as RP is concerned...I will be upholding the 8 original virtues in New Britannia as priority. Sorry Oracle. I don't trust you. You resemble Shodan. And being micro-managed by some mysterious entity is far too Guardian-esque for me to trust you right off the bat.

If you want to follow a path that doesn't jive with your starting stuff. I say, go for it. And those wanting to be on a Chaos path. Go for it too. That is what role-playing is all about.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is soooo refreshing *applauds*

I was weak when I left the stronghold of Mondain, and were it not for my burning desire to drink, I might have taken to the ground, and slept the sleep of the dead. But I was parched, and so with my mind fixated on ale and wine, I climbed to safety, carrying only my sword and a small bag of crystal shards.Inside each shard I could see, by turning them this way and that, little pockets or mirrors of movement. They were like one of the childrens’ toys that Nystul had shown me, with pictures of clowns or warriors that danced and moved when the light hit them from different angles. But then, they were not like that at all. For the movement I could see within each of the shards was different, both from the other shards and from the way the it looked itself in the light.

When I arrived at Lord British’s castle, I assured all that Mondain had been defeated, and his evil ways would no more corrupt the land. With the Gem of Immortality destroyed, Lord British was quite sure that we were free of its influence. I showed Nystul the shards of the Gem. He was instantly fascinated and scurried off to his room to study them.

I’d forgotten about the shards over time, but many, many years later, upon returning to aid Lord British once again, I discovered that others had not forgotten about them. I arrived at Lord British’s castle weary, but in good spirits, as I was assured that evil had once again been defeated, and the land would be corrupted no longer. In fact Nystul was quite sure that the evil spell that had covered the world would never again be rekindled. When I asked Nystul about the shards of the Gem, he became visibly upset and vanished into his chambers.

I spent the next week in the company of Lord British himself, and was pampered by wine, meats, and riches. I woke one morning to find Nystul in my room, waiting for me to awaken from my slumber. He bid me to wash up and come to his chambers, and I did so (but only after having a hearty breakfast). I found his chambers, as always, covered with musty tomes, books, scrolls, and the occasional vial or beaker of strange fluids. On a large table at one end of the room a rat ran dizzily back and forth through a glass maze. Next to the maze sat Kyndeera, Nystul’s cat, keeping a close eye on the rat’s progress.

At the other end of the room sat Nystul, awaiting my presence. On the table in front of him, he had several of the larger shards of the Gem being held up by wire stands, so that he could look at them from almost every angle without touching them. I’d forgotten how beautiful they were. He beckoned me to come over, and as I did I noticed that even from where I stood ten or so paces away from the table, I could see movement within them. I was startled as I approached closer, and using the glass end of one of Nystul’s magic spyglasses, I was able to look deep into the gem. And what I saw astounded me.

It was Britannia, the same that I stand on now, the same that I stood on as I looked into the shard of a gem and saw what I could only think of as Lord British’s realm. And the movement! It was amazing. Farmers toiled in fields outside of Yew. Paladins trained in Trinsic to do battle with the orcs that I could see amassing just outside of Cove. Ships sailed the oceans. A dragon darted into a cave north of Minoc. It was tiny, but with Nystul’s glass I could see it all.

What does this mean? I asked Nystul. He simply gestured at the other shards. When he finally did speak, it was like he was afraid of each word coming out of his mouth. His discovery had made him weak and as he spoke he grew weaker. He told me that each of the shards contained a copy of the world of Britannia. Complete with Lord British’s castle, the dungeons, Blackthorne’s castle, and even the shrines. He was fascinated to find that in many respects, the mirrored worlds were the same. Shopkeepers, shoppes, taverns, bars. These could be found by looking in each of the mirrored worlds.

But at the same time there were striking differences. Nystuls voice dragged as he told me that in some worlds towers and castles were being erected in the dangerous areas outside the guards control. In some worlds murderers ran free throughout the woods, killing innocents with no thought to the consequences. He went on and on, for he’d been watching the worlds constantly for the last few days. He’d dreamed of them, and he’d had visions of their fates. He would reveal none of this to me, but instead, collapsed onto his bed and slept.

It was days later that Lord British invited me to visit his trophy room. I’d tried to forget about the shards of the Gem by then, losing myself in the majesty of the palace, and all the wine and food I could stuff into myself. Seeing Nystul in the trophy room arguing with Lord British about something brought me back to reality, and I realized just before they saw me that one of the shards was displayed prominently in the center of the room. I vaguely recalled there being a picture there before, but before I could remember what it was I was shocked into the present by the booming of Lord British’s voice.

He bade me come in and have a look at his newest trophy. A shard of the Gem in which you could see the daily life of Britannians in a distorted reflection of reality. He seemed very pleased with it. Nystul was disdainful, but in the presence of our ruler he kept his head and made no disparaging remarks. It was while glancing at the shard on display that I realized which picture was missing. On a plaque just below the dais on which the shard sat were the words: SIEGE PERILOUS, and I recalled that it was a painting of my first trip to Sosaria through a moongate of that name.

I spoke with Lord British for several minutes about the shard, and he explained that he was most curious about the world it contained. What if, he asked, the world inside this shard is the real world? And we are merely a copy of the truth. Perhaps our world would soon be crushed under the heels of a tyrant and with it’s destruction would come our doom. I spoke plain and true, explaining to Lord British that any world which I inhabited must be the true real world. I was surprised that he did not share my view. But he merely smiled and nodded and Nystul mumbled something about arrogance.

Lord British was called away soon after, and once I was alone with Nystul he unloaded his doubts and fears on me. He led me back to his chambers and showed me one of the other shards. One in which war had broken out all across the land. I was reminded of the time I spent in the Stygian Abyss as I watched the battles play out through the shard. When he thought I’d seen enough, Nystul took the shard and wrapped it in black cloth.

He told me that he planned to destroy it later, using a method he could not describe. He was fearful that the fates would make things worse in the worlds of each of the other shards. To me he gave the task of separating them. They have more power, he said, when they are together. They somehow remember their time spent as the Gem, and they try to force their way back together, he told me. I reassured him that I would distribute the shards out amongst the world. The shard of Siege Perilous would remain behind in Lord British’s trophy room. The rest would be taken to the four corners of the world.

I arranged to have a couple of the shards taken across land to remote locations in the woods or mountains. The rest I put on ships, to be taken far to the east and west, and in some cases around the world to distant lands. I don’t know what happened to the shard that reminded me so much of the Abyss, but if Nystul is to be believed (and he usually is) then it’s doom is forthcoming. I wonder sometimes, even now, what happened to those who inhabited that world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Soulicide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.