Virtue Radio Release Party Hosting & Holiday Coverage Planning Page

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I can assist.

South By Southwest is a massive film, interactive media, and music festival/conference that has been running in Austin, TX since the 80s, and attracts a good int'l contingent as well. This year it runs from March 13-Mar 22nd. I've only been to the music portion... many years ago.

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Alrighty, lots of stuff going on with this, and for my hand in any of the confusion caused, I most certainly apologize. You guys press on! Please disregard us for this month as we restructure how players request developer time. Darkstarr was trying to squeeze some time in as best he could, but the short notice has caused a concern (and me not noticing Shawn was already selected didn't help either). So basically, we're going to have a uniform process for this type of stuff, regardless of venue, and hopefully it'll be SUPER simple and in no way impede progress for players scheduling and having events which request developer presence. I'll be drafting a formal announcement in the announcements forum, but here's a sneak peek of stuff I'll be working on today and tomorrow:

• Forums Moves and Additions: I'll describe more later, but includes a dedicated forum for Community Radio Stations and Community Streamers, each equipped with fancy sticky posts.
    • Forum rebranding: Current events forum will be moved along side the others and be rebranded as an In-Game Events Forum.
    • Guidance for requesting dev presence in all venues will be presented.
    • Guidance on requesting GM potions will be presented.
    • More guidance about stuff will be presented.
    I've been in this community for 6+ years, and I certainly know how special player events and the actual Release Party have become, and developer involvement in these events really gives them an amazing and FUN opportunity to touch base with you guys. And seeing it from this side, I can see why they enjoy doing them so much... its because you guys enjoy having us there and making us feel welcome and quite frankly appreciated.

But let me tell you guys, I just asked Darkstarr (because I know he's overwhelmed right now with work) if he wanted to continue doing the "Release Parties" on AR and he emphatically stated, "Yes I love doing it and I never want to stop!" which is great news to my ears. I was worried we were pushing him to hard, so no worries there. Let him take this month to get some things squared away. But please keep in mind too, part of the process clarifications will be to ensure the community as a whole has a more defined method to request developer presence, and hopefully one we can manage if structured properly. We truly have fun when we're invited to events in the community, but we also need to balance this with actual workload as well.

Also, Alleine, thank you for the coordination guidance document you drafted and sent to us in PM. It is a very good example of what I need to think about when drafting the policy. Feel free to contact me privately or here for any clarifications on how things might change, if any. But please press on with another DJ for this month.

So more to come, and again -- my apologies.

And for anyone who has ideas/concerns/questions, feel free to chime in. I'll do my best to answer.

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hey @Elgarion no worries. And please let @DarkStarr know we LOVE having him DJ the Release Parties! Let's break this game!! ;)

You may be a (very cool) member of our community for the past 6 years but I know that working as a Community Manager must be quite overwhelming at first. No worries there. So, moving forward all that sounds most very excellent!

That said, we need to pick a host for Release 75. The folks that volunteered are still more than welcome to host this month if they wish.

Below are the host volunteers. If you volunteer for this Release Party, you can still volunteer for a Release Party hosted by @DarkStarr in the future.

Since @DarkStarr is at SXSW most of the month, DJ Dread Lord Celith Wraine will be hosting the Release 75 Party. You will still have all the benefits of a regular release including publicity and poster!

Hosts will need to choose one of the dates: Sunday on March 15th or 22nd from 12 pm - 2:00 pm NBT.

@Datendrache aka Engineer

@that_shawn_guy

@Ragnarr Lodbrok

@Phamyns

March 4th is the deadline to confirm volunteering.

Post here if you are interested! If more than one of you offers, then I'll figure out a fair way to decide who gets it.

Again, we are VERY sorry for the confusion!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  4. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Skalabrekka of the PaxLair community is STILL in! A Party is a Party no matter if @John Gault is the DJ!! :)

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

@Ragnarr Lodbrok and the Vikings of Skalabrekka ROCK! @Celith Wraine is the DJ this Release because WHO IS @John Gault !?!?! :p

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

@Ragnarr Lodbrok you and the town of Skalabrekka are hosting Release 75 with DJ @Celith Wraine !!

THANK YOU! I'll be DM'ing you in Discord in a few minutes with the details!

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Almost the entire Release Party planning section has been UPDATED. Please make a note of it! Thank you! @Elgarion

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  8. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Sounds Like a VIKING PARTY TO ME!!!
    Awesome!!! Thank you Alle!!! We will schedule it for the 22nd!!

Drag out that Viking attire and lets ROCK this RELEASE PARTY!!

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

....so let's get everyone together in person to have a press conference about it! /headdesk

kaeshiva, Anpu and Numa like this.
  11. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

It just got cancelled due to the Coronavirus. Wonder if @DarkStarr will be able to DJ now? On the Release Party?

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

We haven't heard from @DarkStarr about it yet, however we're still going ahead with DJ @Celith Wraine from 12-2pm. Stand by :)

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  13. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

As far as I know he's still taking the month break, still juggling many projects. I'd press with your DJ :)

14. Alleine Dragonfyre

Thanks @Elgarion!

We also just got a message from @DarkStarr confirming he's out for this release. Sorry folks, but there's always the next Release...and the one after that and after that...and after that! :p

Ragnarr Lodbrok and Elgarion like this.
  15. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

So not sure if any Volunteering is open, but I would like to Volunteer my Home, Venture Keep Located in Knights Watch

16. Alleine Dragonfyre

Thanks @Ser Kyrlieon! We'll be announcing when to post your name as a volunteer soon.