Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Virture Students Quest

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by amaasing, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I collected all 12 books for the quest. Returned to the academy to complete the quest. Timothy does not acknowledge that I have all of the books of Love but the other two students took their books and gave me their portion of the statue. Have tried in both single player online and multiplayer online to get Timothy to take the books I have for him and he doesn't. He just keeps telling me he is still looking for the books.

2. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Same issue here. Timothy will not take the 4 love books.

amaasing likes this.
  3. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

I also have this problem, also the chaos student will not take the books.

amaasing likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Will look into this, thanks

calkano (PAX) and Jack Knyfe like this.
  5. Lum the Mad

This is a pretty old quest that I'm going to go ahead and switch over to the new quest turn-in UI (for all parts of this). It will also let you know which book is not the right one if you have an incorrect book.

6. ZetaZ

ZetaZ Avatar

Has this been changed already? I went to try to turn in again tonight and I don't notice any difference. Thanks!

7. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

the patch missed the deadline of yesterday so i guess the fix will be patched today.

8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Decided to do this quest after todays patch. Turned in the books for Courage and Love with no problems. But when I turn in the books for Truth, the trade window opens, the books disappear from my inventory, which leaves me nothing to give the truth student, yet she acknowledges that she already received the books. I do not receive the the truth portion of the statue. Can anyone else confirm this as a new (and improved) bug?

@Lum

9. Lum the Mad

grr. I'll look into it. Thanks for catching it quickly.

Ice Queen and Alexander like this.
  10. Lum the Mad

NPCs don't have anything set up that would do that from my looking at it, but I'll run a quick check here and see if I can repro this.

11. Lum the Mad

aha, found the issue. Thanks for the report.

12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Awesome, Thanks Lum.....

13. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

I just tried it, I was able to turn in the last four books and get the statue combined. I went to the chaos student, she told me to go away because I stank of virtue, but she still took the books and gave me the statue.

14. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Not for me. It's still technically broken because the truth student thinks that she has already received all four books. On the other hand, if the last four books for you were the Love or Courage student, then it should work fine.

15. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

@Lum

8/2/2016 5:49 PM
    Title: Elizabeth, Student of Truth still eating books as of Build 453
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for me
    Blocker?

Details:

When you say Books to Elizabeth, Student of Truth, she says immediately eats the 4 books from your inventory and says she gave you her part of the statue, but gives you nothing.
    Saying books again causes her to say "Thank you for finding the books that I need! Here is my part of the Statue of Virtue for you."

The following is the chat log from that encounter.

[8/2/2016 5:36:30 PM] Timothy, Student of Love: (to you) Greetings. My name is Timothy and I am studying the virtue of love. I'm not sure why I should bother, but I am. Martin has asked you to find books for me to help with this task, I heard.
    [8/2/2016 5:36:31 PM] You have learned to perform "LoveSalute".
    [8/2/2016 5:36:33 PM] Rofo: (to Timothy, Student of Love) books
    [8/2/2016 5:36:33 PM] Timothy, Student of Love: (to you) Have you found the books I require? The books I am looking for are called "Kindness in Giving Creates Love", "Don't Give Up Your Goodness", "The Courageous Mother", and "The Most Beautiful Heart".
    [8/2/2016 5:37:19 PM] You received an item (Statue of Virtue - Love) from Timothy, Student of Love
    [8/2/2016 5:37:19 PM] You gave 4 items to Timothy, Student of Love
    [8/2/2016 5:37:19 PM] Timothy, Student of Love: (to you) Thank you for finding the books that I need! Here is my part of the Statue of Virtue for you.
    [8/2/2016 5:37:27 PM] Daria, Student of Courage: (to you) Greetings. My name is Daria and I am studying the virtue of courage. I'm told you have been asked to find books to help with this study. I am glad someone has the will to do this.
    [8/2/2016 5:37:27 PM] You have learned to perform "CourageSalute".
    [8/2/2016 5:37:33 PM] Rofo: (to Daria, Student of Courage) books
    [8/2/2016 5:37:34 PM] Daria, Student of Courage: (to you) Have you found the books I require yet?
    [8/2/2016 5:37:53 PM] You received an item (Statue of Virtue - Courage) from Daria, Student of Courage
    [8/2/2016 5:37:53 PM] You gave 4 items to Daria, Student of Courage
    [8/2/2016 5:37:53 PM] Daria, Student of Courage: (to you) Thank you for finding the books that I need! Here is my part of the Statue of Virtue for you.
    [8/2/2016 5:38:21 PM] Elizabeth, Student of Truth: (to you) Greetings. My name is Elizabeth and I am studying the virtue of truth. I believe Martin has asked you to find books for us on the subject, but I will not assume such since I did not hear him say it to you.
    [8/2/2016 5:38:21 PM] You have learned to perform "TruthSalute".
    [8/2/2016 5:38:24 PM] Elizabeth, Student of Truth: (to you) Greetings. My name is Elizabeth and I am studying the virtue of truth. I believe Martin has asked you to find books for us on the subject, but I will not assume such since I did not hear him say it to you.
    [8/2/2016 5:38:26 PM] Rofo: (to Elizabeth, Student of Truth) books
    [8/2/2016 5:38:27 PM] Elizabeth, Student of Truth: (to you) Thank you for finding the books that I need! Here is my part of the Statue of Virtue for you.
    [8/2/2016 5:38:27 PM] I made note of this in my journal.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti GPU RAM: 978
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.453.Date.08.02.16
    Area: Ardoris
    Loc: (88.1, 53.0, -90.3)

Alexander likes this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I would imagine that they will include the fix in the next patch, whenever that may be.

Ice Queen likes this.
  17. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum It's now broken for me in a different way: I'm never told which books the student want on first dialog, instead puts up 'give' dialog when I say 'books'. When I cancel out, my chat window is stuck in a weird mode - enter key does not work, though i can type otherwise, and I can not exit the close up scene with the student. No way out but to relog. Happened with both the truth and courage students, not trying with the other.

18. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

@Lum - thank you, thank you, thank you. I now have the statue of virtue and the statue of chaos and all is right with the World. :)

enderandrew likes this.
  19. Lum the Mad

The dialog should list which books they want. You can also ask the students "which books do you need" for a list sans the dialog box.

20. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lum What I'm saying is that not only did that not happen, but I got hung up in one-on-one mode and could not get out because it was not recognizing the enter key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.