Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Visual feedback, or why everyone fireballs all the time

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by abovenyquist, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

Many have noticed that the fire spells get a lot of love.

I don't necessarily think that's because they're the most powerful (although given the continual damage they do, they possibly are). It think it's because they currently have the most dramatic visual effect, so it's most obvious that they're actually doing something. The death ray, for instance, while cool looking, is more subtle. The various "fist" attacks have very little visual feedback by comparison.

It took me a while to figure out that you can't "queue" spells; one spell has to finish before the system will act on another. With more spells having more dramatic visual feedback, that would become clearer.

AvatarGG and Montaigne like this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I thought you just liked casting that on me. I don't feel special anymore. :) It was fun being on the boat with you and everyone. Thanks for helping defend it. I thought it was popular because you didn't have to worry as much about aiming. That will probably change if they add friendly fire.

I'm hoping for big showy spells that make videocards weep. Other folks want subtle meaningful effects and I hope we can both get what we want. I just like having an excuse to get new hardware!

Gabriel Nightshadow and Mata like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.