Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wands and Staves

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Xi_, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

I am also disappointed with the whole gems being used for attunement decision. I was hoping staves and wands could be used as offensive weapons so I'm not picking my butt when my focus is drained. Something a little more traditional. I have been pretty disappointed with the whole treatment of magic since the start, I just kept holding on to hope.

I have found that the closer we get to release the more I really dislike the direction the devs take. It just feels to me that they are starting to feel the pinch and are making changes to take the path of least resistance rather than pushing for an enjoyable experience. Definitely the last game I will help fund.

Moonshadow and Weins201 like this.
  2. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

If you are out of focus, then you havent chose to good materials for your armor...

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What I am not understanding is why every is using a wand, Any other weapon does the same thing for spells and give you the ability ot use a weapon.

I know this is what most of you are saying is that fundamentally wands and staffs are useless.

They are magery weapons, therefore should be able to have MORE gems inserted, nd different one not just two of the same if two or more are allowed AND/OR give them some kind of ability to store spells, charged spells. Crafted with certain items should allow more or different spells to be stored within the weapon. Soo If oyu have it built for Air attunement and made out of a golden inlay if can hold 25 tier two spells, and 50 tier three spells. If made with Silver inlay; 30 Tier two, 30 tier 3, 20 tier 4 . . . . . either or mix it up on and on . . .

Wands and Staffs need a very deep look to make them viable, ATM they are just a waste of materials :-(

Spoon and Fister Magee like this.
  4. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

totally missing the point.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

One thing wands could do would be reducing the cooldown on spells in fixed slots.
    So if you has a spell locked and its castable every 10 seconds with a wand it could be every 9 seconds and a staff every 8 seconds?

For random glyphs could somehow give higher chance glyphs appears.
    Wands being a stick you point with could be so each time you use a glyph with a ranged spell its a % to appear instantly again.

Moonshadow and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

My two wands make it so I have 8% now.
    I do like my +5% crit with dual wield wands.

Including my clothing I'm trying to hit 10% crit (might not be possible as I'm at 8.5 and the helm gloves and boots dont add much).

If I stand still in a party with 10% crit from gear and 5% crit from stillness plus the 30% healing for not doing damage that turns into a lot of heals!

I also love seeing the wall of crits on my aoe fire deck for moving down mobs. So many dots.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I love my staff. I almost never run out of focus and only at 39 int...gonna only get better.

When I used a pole-arm I didn't feel like a pure mage. Now my spells do much more damage with my staff compared to having to play a tank mage.

I'm looking forward to improvements to wands and staffs, but I'm pretty happy with the direction of making pure mage viable, FINALLY :)

Mata, Spoon, Varinka and 1 other person like this.
  8. Varinka

Varinka Avatar

I love my staff too. As a pure mage running around with a sword or polearm didn't feel right. And the new materials are cool. But improvements are always welcome.

Moonshadow, Mata and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.