War Preparation - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

They left the Port Graff Tavern quietly before sunrise and few words were spoken on their walk back to the "Dragon". The plans contained in the cabalist journal forced this group to think of War Preparations.

"Josephus, take us to Rift's End quickly, we must be there before nightfall". The entire crew moved as one to make preparations and the choice was made quickly. The five that sat in the Captain's quarters opened maps of the Novian continent and an extra copy of the journal was transcribed for Aud and Jarikith to use in their land town notifications. This was a logistical project that had to be planned out flawlessly and quickly.

Late that evening the "Dragon" arrived at Rift's End with a brief stop to allow Aud and Jarikith to show Boris the townfolk and for a temporary farewell. Boris knew Aud had saved his life on two occasions and that once he left Rift's End a part of him would be left there. A special bond had been formed which would be hard to break and which even distance would not allow it to wane. "Jarikith, keep her safe. If we survive this impending doom we must celebrate here one day soon". A firm handshake and a nod was exchanged between the two men. "Aud, I will miss you more than you can think yet the gods who brought us together tear us apart for the good of the continent. I have left two black seagulls for you to use whenever you need to send me a message". At that moment Boris wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go yet his military bearing took over and he slowly leaned close to her with a whisper "Stay alive, we have some unfinished business pending in private". He winked at her as he walked somberly back to the "Dragon".

"Josephus, Take us to Paxlair quickly with an easterly distant course, I want to avoid Brittanny Harbour."

(OOC: This story has certain towns planned for a visit. If you wish to have your town/city visited by either Sea or Land please send me or Audacity a brief message. I want as many towns/cities to be given a chance to not only be a part of this story but to come together in the defense of this continent from the Obsidian Cabalist invasion. There are many brilliant writers out there and I hope you use these upcoming threads to roleplay your characters).

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Sunrise came with the sounds "Thud, Thud, Thud" which startled Boris from his slumber. Sword in hand he headed towards the door as a few more thuds were heard, arrows he thought, we are under attack.
    He kicked the door open and crouched to see two arrows sail over his head then everything was quiet. Boris stepped outside into the sunrise to see the crew with bows in hand standing at attention. Dwalin greeted him jovial as ever "Good Morning Captain, I hope all is well. The men were practicing archery as the Legendary Bowman instructed". Boris looked back at the cabin door and saw a man's outline had been carved with three bulls-eyes. One for the head, one for the heart and the other for the genital area. "Well Dwalin was this also part of the Legendary Bowman's ideas? I must have a word with him when I see him again". Boris walked away shaking his head while Dwalin talked to the crew and congratulated them on their archery prowess yet instructed them not to practice unless the Captain was out of his cabin.

Razulah entered the top deck holding a scrawny man by the neck. "I found him downstairs, he must have snuck on board back in Rift's End Captain". Boris motioned to let the man go, he looked at this scrawny man with a patch over his left eye. "Who are you and what are you doing on my ship"? Josephus piped in from a short distance "Jack, how ya been you old wolf, tis been a while". Boris looked back and forth noticing Josephus knew this man yet he prodded the man a bit more. "I am Jack Miller, Josephus is my cousin. I am known to my friend as One-Eyed Jack" He squinted at Boris with his good eye. "I am a cartographer and spotter by trade Captain. I can spot a turd on a seagulls' arse from a mile away. I can plot ye a map if ye tell me which ports ye wishes to visit, the best houses of ill repute and the safest places to dock the ship. The crow's nest is my home Captain, I will not disappoint ye". "I can vouch for him Captain" yelled Josephus as he ran over to hug his long lost cousin.

The entire crew chuckled at Jack's bold statement yet Boris motioned for them to be quiet and he did everything humanly possible to keep from laughing. "Allright Jack, let's see if what you say is true. I do not wish to know about bird turds but do keep an eye out for ships and black seagulls bringing messages. I will let you know what map I want soon I have the coordinates". Boris motioned for Razulah and Dwalin to follow him back in to his quarters and he stood there shaking his head when he faced them both. "Gentlemen what do we have here? a crew composed of former slaves learning archery. A one legged helmsman, A one eyed spotter, A legendary Bowlord with a strange sense of humor and a wild woman who makes the earth move under my feet. To think we are supposed to help save the Novian continent with this group? Well, I like my chances, what do you think?. Razulah and Dwalin did the squinty eye look to Boris at which point all three men erupted in laughter.

Boris gave Dwalin and Razulah instructions to look for incoming black seagulls. A map had to be plotted with coordinates as they sailed towards Paxlair and beyond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.