War Preparation - Part II PaxLair and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

They had sailed due south for a day and a half. Judging by the stars it was almost midnight when Josephus yelled "Captain, PaxLair within a league distance". Boris opened the door from his stateroom and approached both Dwalin and Razulah. "Gentlemen, as soon as Josephus gets me close enough to see the city outline, lower the boat. I will be back before dawn, if not head back toward Port Graff and I will try to meet you there by other means."

The lights of PaxLair could be seen as Boris rowed toward a small patch of trees near the dock and hid the boat there. He walked toward the Tavern and looked at the spot where he first opened his eyes in this continent. He was grateful for the hospitality of that unknown person there in PaxLair that laid his unconscious body near the tavern fireplace and left him provisions. He owed this town his life.

He waited until the tavern lights were dimmed and snuck in to find the place empty except for the barman who was closing the extablishment. Dressed in a black robe, Boris approached the man who was startled. "Who are you and what do you want?, we are closed for the night". "Captain Boris Mondragon and here to repay what was given to me weeks ago". He handed the man two small pouches, one filled with gold and one with a note. "Give this to the Governor of this town, it is urgent and your lives may depend on it. The gold is to repay for the provisions given to me that night weeks ago. Make sure it gets to the right person". Boris turned and headed toward the town exit quickly. Time was of the essence.

He headed east and one of the black seagulls perched itself briefly on his shoulder, then took off on that road toward Brittany. He ran following the bird until it stopped at the entrance of another town. The sign said Dawn's Keep. It was close to Brittany and Boris knew he could not be here long either. He walked into the town and noticed a few passersby who looked at him with curiosity. He just waved at them and kept walking. He found the tavern and saw a woman walk in front of him. He asked the lady to give the note to the Governor with urgency. The woman looked at the note and looked back at Boris but he had already vanished into the shadows. His work was done here and many other Ports and Towns needed to be notified.

Boris made it back to the hidden rowboat then rowed towards the"Dragon" as the first rays of sunlight appeared in the horizon. The boat was hoisted and Boris stepped back on deck. "Josephus, raise the anchor we head back toward Port Graff and around that island then south. Hurry, time is running out".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.