War Preparation - Part III - Dragomir

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The two black seagulls arrived at sunrise and Razulah banged on the Captain's door. "Razulah what is all the noise this early? This better be good". Boris opended the door and saw the two birds feeding as Razulah opened his hand to give him two written messages.

Boris read them both quickly, they were from Dragomir and Serenite signed by both the Duchess Catherine Rose and Duke William Serenite. Both contained the same reply "Our ports await ye Captain Mondragon. We must know of this impending threat immediately".

It was just before nightfall when they arrived at Dragomir. A beautiful town with friendly folks greeted them and Boris could smell peace and tranquility in the air. He was greeted by a very elegant and beautiful woman and for a brief second he just gazed at her until he caught his senses. "Milady, ye must be the Duchess Catherine Rose. my apologies for staring but I had never seen a woman so elegantly attired". He bowed to the lady and handed her the note he had copied from Lord Farzul's diary for her to keep and read. He saw the look on her face change from a gentle smile to a worried expression. He awaited her response to those briefly scribbled words.

2. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My dear Sir, it is with honor I greet you and welcome you to Dragomir. Your words of praise are very humbling.

I am quite worried about the content of these words from Lord Farzul's diary and must at once warn my people to be prepared. Thank you for bringing these words even at your own danger.

Please make your rest here in Dragomir before the dawn awakes. Then upon your awakening may God's speed be with you as you continue on your journey.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

"Thank ye Lady Catherine, I shall rest here tonight. Please ensure you contact as many other non-coastal Cities and Towns as soon as possible. Time is of the essence. I shall depart as the sun rises and Serenite is my next stop". They had dinner together and spoke about town defenses from both a land or sea attack. As Boris took his leave from Lady Catherine thanking her for the hospitality the sound of drums echoed in the background. He looked at Lady Catherine with somber eyes "Milady, I must go back to the ship immediately. something is amyss" He ran to the rowboat left at the dock where Dwalin awaited and both men arrived at the ship within a few minutes.

One-Eyed Jack was waving his arms from the crow's nest and pointing to the east, Boris took the spyglass and looked in that direction. Two large ships were visible yet some magic Boris did not understand was at work as both ships would be visible then stealth from sight under the cover of fog. "All hands on deck, we must follow and destroy them before they reach their destination. All three ships headed south from Dragomir toward the East Reach Gap.

Boris had one more of the messenger seagulls sent to Duke Serenite. The message read "Duke Serenite, two obsidian ships enroute to your region. We are in pursuit and should be there by mid-day tomorrow. Regards, Captain Boris Mondragon".

4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Ye , sir, can count on my help along with all the citizens of Dragomir. We will go three by three and notify each of the coastal cities, towns and even hamlets of impending danger awaiting. Beware Sir Boris there is not only heavy fog in your path to Serenite but many bandits are in the path of your travel. However, as you have requested we will prepare the way for your protection of our families in these towns. First you and your men must travel the coastal Cities/Towns of which you have recently been notified by One Eyed Jack are in the immediate path of these Obsidians. The Obsidians on these ships must not arrive before you and your crew arrive. We will be ready for your inward travel after your battle on the coast and you have safely reached the city of Serenite and spoken with Duke Serenite.

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you milady for your support in this endeavor. The preparedness of the Novian continent will determine our freedom in the coming days. Your humble servant. R/Boris

6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Sir, you are welcome in Dragomir anytime you are in this area. We will continue sending the word out in the land of the coming danger from the Obsidian Cabolist. Come drink , eat and rest from all your adventures as you cross this world.
    Fare-thee-well.
    Duchess CatherineRose
    Governor of Dragomir.

7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The messenger seagulls continued back and forth between Lady Catherine and Captain Mondragon. This gave Boris hope as he could see that others cared for their towns and would help prepare against this common foe who wished to enslave an entire continent. The "Dragon" kept gaining on the two Obsidian Warships which though larger in size were slower especially with the crosswinds with had picked up considerably. Boris thought about Audacity and her friend the Legendary Bow-lord. Their help at this moment would be important yet he knew he had to work with what he had. "Dwalin, get a Brazier ready on deck. Men lets see if your archery practice on my cabin door has paid off. I want you to light up those warship sails soon as we get within range. We will save the cannon fire for after we board them". He looked at the setting sun knowing this would be a night to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.