Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ward gems and crafting demand

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Lazlo, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

First let me say that I think that the addition of ward gems in this release is a very nice improvement. The option to swap out attunement for resist is very useful, especially for a lot of melee types that might not get their moneys worth out of the original gems.

I have a fancy jewelry vendor in Brittany Estates, and I noticed that in the time shortly before this release, my sales were much better than they had ever been. There's no way for me to know for sure why that is without asking the people that bought from me, but my guess is that it is at least partly because people are making new gear sets that include ward stones.

By simply adding some useful but situational enhancements that cannot be reversed, demand for all items that can be enhanced instantly increases much more than it does as the result of any form of item loss, and it's also a lot more fun for everyone. Not that there shouldn't be item loss, but people should want more of this.

From the OP of the R36 changes thread:

Maybe it's just me, but the idea of making super expensive, super time consuming, super high fail rate items, only to put them in the bank for special occasions so that they don't break isn't very fun, and it certainly doesn't drive demand for difficult to craft items. It drives demand for cheap items that anyone can make that are almost as good.

I hope that in the near future there will be more things like these ward gems that are just good for everyone. Bringing the pain doesn't have to be the solution for everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.